ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The paper concentrates on the trend in indexes of the publication activity of the university academic staff for three years of operation of the rating system. The results are presented with changes in the structure of indexes, particularly, the reduction of their quantity and separation of the funding of projects into publication of papers in journals, which are indexed in the Russian and foreign scientometric systems. The results are evaluated in terms of large units of the university, such as institutes and faculties, every department and person. The paper shows the invariance of the final index of the publication activity in the general rating of the research teams and individual researchers who are involved in active scientific work. It is proved that by simplifying the system of indicators, the number of employees, who are capable to reach the established parameters, grows (up to 91%). The strengths and weaknesses of the existing evaluation system in every period of its operation are identified. It is proposed to correct a graphical schedule for recording and monitoring of the publication activity of the academic staff to take measures contributing to efficient management of the publication activity and achievement of a specified level of indexes. The results obtained demonstrate the need for development and improvement of the system of the publication activity of the university academic staff.

Keywords

Publication activity, evaluation of the teaching activity, Hirsch index, projects of the publication activity, trend in indexes.

Logunova Oksana Sergeevna – D.Sc. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Computer and Software Engineering, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Egorova Lyudmila Gennadievna – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical Uni-versity, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Koroleva Valentina Valerievna – Ph.D. (Pedagogy), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

1. Kolokoltsev V.M., Razinkina E.M. Universitetskii kompleks: integratsiya i nepreryvnost [A university complex: integration and continuity]. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii [Higher education in Russia]. 2011, no. 5, pp. 3-10.

2. Shestakov A.L. Inzhenernoe obrazovanie yavlyaetsya vazhneishim faktorom, ot kotorogo zavisit nashe budushchee [Engineering education is an important factor which influences our future]. Rektor VUZa [University rector]. 2014, no. 12, p. 8.

3. Kulikov G.G., Konev K.A., Suvorova V.A., Startseva G.V. Formirovanie pokazatelei kriteriev dlya avtomatizirovannogo rascheta i monitoringa reitinga prepodavatelya v edinom informatsionnom prostranstve kafedry [Development of criterion values for automated calculations and monitoring of teachers’ rating in common information space of a department]. Vestnik UGATU. Upravlenie, vychislitelnaya tekhnika i informatika [Vestnik of USATU. Management, computer engineering and computer science]. 2010, vol.14, no. 4(39), pp. 175-184.

4. Kudryavtsev P.P., Pyatkovskii O.I. Raschet reitinga prepodavatelei vuza s ispolzovaniem gibridnykh ekspertnykh sistem [Calculation of university teachers’ rating using hybrid expert systems]. Izvestiya Altaiskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [News of Altai State University]. 2015, vol.1, no.1 (85), pp. 163-167.

5. Vasileva E.Yu., Granichina O.A., Trapitsyn S.Yu. Reiting prepodavatelei, fakultetov i kafedr v vuze [Ratings of teachers, faculties, and departments at the university]. Innovatsionnaya obrazovatelnaya programma Gertsenovskogo universiteta. Uchebno-metodicheskii kompleks [An innovation educational programme of the Herzen University. A study pack]. St. Petersburg, 2007.

6. Buinitskaya O.P., Gritselyak B.I. Institutsionnyi repozitorii kak sredstvo povysheniya nauchnogo reitinga prepodavatelya [An institutional repository as a way to increase a teacher’s scientific rating]. Obrazovatelnye tekhnologii i obshchestvo [Educational technologies and society]. 2014, vol. 17, no.1, pp. 408-416.

7. Logunova O.S., Lednov A.V., Koroleva V.V. Rezultaty analiza publikatsionnoi aktivnosti professorsko-prepodavatelskogo sostava FGBOU VPO «Magnitogorskii gosudarstvennyi tekhnicheskii universitet im. G.I. Nosova» [Analysis of the publication activity of the academic staff at FSBEI HPE Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no.3 (47), pp. 78-87.

8. Logunova O.S., Arefeva D.Ya. Naukometricheskie pokazateli v deyatelnosti uchenogo [Scientometric indicators in a researcher’s activity]. Ab ovo … (S samogo nachala …) [Ab ovo … (From the very beginning)]. 2014, pp. 102-103.

9. Shestak V.P., Shestak N.V. Etos, reiting vuza i publikatsion-naya aktivnost prepodavatelya vuza [University ethos, ranking and professors’ publishing activity]. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii [Higher education in Russia]. 2012, no.3, pp. 29-40.

10. Shestakova L.G. Planirovanie pokazatelei uchebno-metodicheskogo reitinga prepodavatelya vuza [Planning indicators of a teaching rating of a university teacher]. Nauka-Rastudent.ru, 2014, no.1 (01), p. 12.

11. Logunova O.S., Ilina E.A., Arefeva D.Ya. Rezultaty in-deksnogo analiza upravleniya publikatsionnoi aktivnostyu nauchno-pedagogicheskikh rabotnikov vuza [Results of the index analysis of management of university teachers’ publication activity]. Nauchnye trudy SWorld [SWorld research papers], 2015, vol. 5, no.1 (38), pp. 32-38.