ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

This paper contains studies of the hard-cleaning coal structure. The presence of such heterofunctional sorption centers as hydroxyl, carbonyl and carboxyl groups was found. The authors found a correlation between the natural floatability of coals and the quantity of oxygen-containing groups, heat of wetting, electrokinetic potential. Studies of the sorption activity of hard-cleaning coals showed that adsorption centers of nucleophilic water molecules were electrophilic areas of the coal surface resulted from a displacement of the electron density to oxygen-containing groups. Quantum chemical calculations confirmed the presence of a large number of electrophilic adsorption centers which caused the hydrophilicity of the coal surface. It was determined that flotation agents used to extract the coal organic matter had to be agents showing a harder nucleophilic nature than water molecules and having the ability to substitute them in flotation.

Keywords

Heterofunctional sorption centers, natural floatability, electrophilic and nucleophilic adsorption centers, coal organic matter, quantum chemical calculations.

Medyanik Nadezhda Leonidovna – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Head of the Chemistry Department, Nosov Magnito-gorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Girevaya Khanifa Yanshaevna – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical Univer-sity, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Kalugina Natalia Leonidovna – Ph.D. (Education), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Varlamova Irina Alexandrovna – Ph.D. (Education), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Bodyan Lyubov Anatolyevna – Ph.D. (Education), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Girevoy Timur Andreevich – student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Reddick J.F., Von Blottnitz H., Kothuis B. Cleaner production in the South African coal mining and processing industry: a case study investigation. International Journal of Coal Preparation and Utilisation. 2008, Vol. 28, pp. 224-236.

2. Medyanik N.L., Varlamova I.A., Girevaya Kh.Ya. Razrabotka reagenta dlya flotatsii ugley nizkoy stadii metamorfizma na os-nove kvantovo-khimicheskikh raschetov [Quantum chemical calculations to design the flotation reagent for coals with a low stage of metamorphism]. Deposited manuscript no. 72-В2006, 25.01.2006.

3. Horsfall D.W., Zitron Z., de Korte J. The treatment of ultrafine coal, especially by froth flotation. Journal of the South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy. 1986, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 401-407.

4. Girevaya Kh.Ya. Povyshenie effektivnosti flotatsii gazovyh ugley na osnove kvantovo-khimicheskogo obosnovaniya vybora reagentov [Improving efficiency of the gas coal flotation on the basis of the quantum chemical rationale for a selection of reagents Ph.D. (Eng.) dissertation.]. Magnitogorsk, 2006. 167 p.

5. Medyanik N.L., Girevaya Kh.Ya., Varlamova I.A. Kvantovo-khimicheskiy podkhod k vyboru reagenta-sobiratelya dlya flo-tatsii ugley nizkoy stadii metamorfizma [A quantum chemical approach to a selection of a collecting agent for flotation of coals with a low stage of metamorphism]. Koks i himiya [Coke and chemistry]. 2006, no. 1, pp. 8-13.

6. Medyanik N.L., Kalugina N.L., Varlamova I.A., Girevaya Kh.Ya., Bodyan L.A. Izuchenie svoystv organicheskikh molekul kvantovo-khimicheskimi metodami [Study of properties of organic molecules applying quantum chemical methods]. Deposited manuscript no. 224-B2013, 01.08.2013.

7. Varlamova I.A., Girevaya Kh.Ya., Kalugina N.L., Medyanik N.L. Vliyanie kvantovo-khimicheskikh parametrov organicheskikh soedineniy na ikh sorbtsionnye svoystva. [The influence of quantum chemical parameters of organic compounds on their sorption properties]. Deposited manuscript no. 110-В2009, 26.02.2009.

8. Bodyan L.A., Varlamova I.A., Girevaya Kh.Ya., Kalugina N.L., Medyanik N.L. Produkt khimicheskoy destruktsii polietilen-tereftalata kak kompleksny reagent dlya izvlecheniya or-ganicheskoy massy uglya [A product of the chemical destruc-tion of polyethylene terephthalate as a complex reagent to extract the coal organic matter]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya [Modern problems of science and education]. 2014, no. 2, p. 700.

9. Kubak D.A., Petuhov V.N., Semenov D.G. Issledovanie vliyaniya gruppovogo khimicheskogo sostava kompleksnykh reagentov na effektivnost flotatsii ugley [Study of the influence of a group chemical composition of complex reagents on the efficiency of coal flotation]. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013, no. 4 (44), pp. 5-10.