ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The paper considers the effect of carbon content and heating temperature on hardness and the amount of retained austenite after quenching in wear-resistant cast irons containing 14% chromium and 3% vanadium. A model for calculation of structural composition and hardness of high-carbon alloys containing chromium and vanadium quenched from a certain temperature is also proposed.

Keywords

Chromium- and vanadium-containing alloys, quenching, heating temperature for quenching, hardness, retained austenite.

1. Mirzaev D.A., Mirzaeva N.M., Emelyushin A.N. Ledeburitnye splavy dlja instrumentov, obrabatyvajushhih grafit. [Ledeburite alloys for tools for machining of graphite]. Metallovedenie i termicheskaja obrabotka metallov. [Metal Science and Heat Treatment]. 1988, vol. 30, no.7, pp. 519-523.

2. Emelyushin A.N., Mirzaev D.A., Mirzaeva N.M. et al. Metallovedenie, fizika i mekhanika primenitel’no k protsessu obrabotki grafitirovannykh materialov. Struktura i iznosostoykost’ instrumentov [Metal science, physics and mechanics applied to the process of machining of graphitized materials]. Magnitogorsk: Magnitogorsk state technical university named after G.I. Nosov, 2002. 200 p.

3. Tsypin I.I. Belye iznosostoykie chuguny: struktura i svoystva [Wear-resistant white cast irons: structure and properties]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1983. 176 p.

4. Zhukov A.A., Sil’man G.I., Frol’tsov M.S. Iznosostoykie otlivki iz kompleksno-legirovannykh belykh chugunov [Wear-resistant castings from complex alloyed white cast irons]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1984. 104 p.

5. Emelyushin A.N. Razrabotka novogo klassa ledeburitnykh splavov dlya instrumentov, obrabatyvayushchikh nemetallicheskie materialy v usloviyakh umerennogo nagreva rezhushchey kromki. Extented abstract of PhD dissertation. [Development of a new class of ledeburite alloys for tools for machining of non-metallic materials under the condition of moderate heating of cutting edge]. Chelyabinsk, 2000. 44 p.

6. Koryagina T.I., Ibragimov Kh.M. Vliyanie rezhimov termicheskoy obrabotki na tverdost’ i iznosostoykost’ khromovanadievykh chugunov [Effect of heat treatment on hardness and wear resistance of chromium-vanadium cast irons]. Voprosy proizvodstva i obrabotki stali [Problems of production and treatment of steel]. Chelyabinsk: ChPI, 1983. pp. 91-95.

7. Maratray F., Poulalion A., Fillit R., Bruyas H. The role of vanadium in high chromium white irons. Bulletin du cercle d’études des métaux. 1983, vol.15, no.4, pp. 17-34.

8. Kolokol’tsev V.M., Petrochenko E.V., Molochkov P.A. Struktura i iznosostoykost’ khromovanadievykh chugunov [Structure and wear resistance of chromium-vanadium cast irons]. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Chernaya metallurgiya [Proceedings of higher education institutes. Ferrous metallurgy]. 2004. no.7. pp. 25-28.

9. Petrochenko E.V., Valishina T.S. Vliyanie khimicheskogo sostava, usloviy kristallizatsii i rezhimov termicheskoy obrabotki na osobennosti mikrostruktury, mekhanicheskie i spetsial'nye svoystva belykh khromovanadievykh chugunov. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Chernaya metallurgiya [Proceedings of higher education institutes. Ferrous metallurgy]. 2009. no.2. pp. 39-42.

10. Sil’man G.I., Frol’tsov M.S., Zhukov A.A., Prudnikov A.N. Osobennosti mikrostruktury i raspredelenia elementov v kompleksno-legirovannykh belykh chugunakh. [Characteristics of the microstructure and distribution of elements in complex-alloy white cast irons]. Metallovedenie i termicheskaja obrabotka metallov. [Metal Science and Heat Treatment]. 1981, vol. 23, no 1, pp. 64-68.

11. Okishev K.Yu., Sozykina A.S. Izmenenie struktury i tverdosti vysokokhromistykh staley i chugunov s temperaturoy nagreva pod zakalku [Structure and hardness changes with hardening temperature in high-chromium steels and cast irons]. Vestnik Yuzhno-Ural’skogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya “Metallurgiya” [Bulletin of South Ural State University. Ser. “Metallurgy”], 2011, no.14, issue 16, pp. 67-70.

12. Lee B.-J. On the stability of Cr carbides. CALPHAD, 1992, vol.16, no.2, pp. 121-149.

13. Popov V.V. Modelirovanie prevrashcheniy karbonitridov pri termicheskoy obrabotke staley [Modelling of carbonitride transformations in heat treatment of steels]. Ekaterinburg: UrO RAN, 2003, 380 p.

14. Mirzayev D.A., Steynberg M.M., Ponomareva T.N., Schastlivtsev V.M. Vlijanie skorosti ohlazhdenija na polozhenie martensitnyh tochek. Uglerodistye stali. [Influence of cooling rate on the position of martensitic transformation points. carbon steels]. Fizika metallov i metallovedenie. [Physics of Metals and Metallography], 1979, vol. 47, no.1, pp. 102-111.

15. Mirzayev D.A., Karzunov S.Ye., Schastlivtsev V.M., Yakovleva I.L., Kharitonova Ye.V. [Gammaalpha transformation in low-carbon Fe-Cr alloys]. Fizika metallov i metallovedenie. [Physics of Metals and Metallography], 1986, vol. 61, no.2, pp. 114-122.

16. Mirzayev D.A., Karzunov S.Ye., Schastlivtsev V.M., Yakovleva I.L., Kharitonova Ye.V. [Peculiarities of martensite and bainite transformations in chromium steels]. Fizika metallov i metallovedenie. [Physics of Metals and Metallography], 1986, vol.62, no.2, pp. 100-109.

17. Schastlivtsev V.M., Mirzayev D.A., Yakovleva I.L. Struktura termicheski obrabotannoy stali [Structure of heat treated steel]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1994, 288 p.