ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The wettability dependence of crystalline and cryptocrystalline graphite on their preparation method (mechanical activation, oxidation, and oxidation with subsequent mechanical activation) liquids which are widely used in foundries (alcohol, water, oil, glycerol) has been investigated. Wettability contact angle was determined. To calculate the remaining coefficients (the work of adhesion, spreading coefficient and the relative work of adhesion) the program «AppSV» was used. It was found, that the greatest work of adhesion for all investigated liquids is observed when graphite is wetted with water, which has a maximum surface tension, and the lowest wettability is when graphite is wetted with alcohol. It was shown that graphite wettability with all investigated liquids essentially depends on the method of graphite preparation. So, mechanical activation leads to increased particles activity that reduces graphite wettability. Oxidized graphites have less compared wettability. With additional mechanical activation of oxidized graphite a further decrease in the wettability of graph-ite is observed.

Keywords

Crystalline graphite, cryptocrystalline graphite, mechanical activation, oxidation, programs «AppSV», alcohol, water, oil, glycerol, contact angle, the work of adhesion, spreading coeffi-cient, the relative work of adhesion.

Mamina Lyudmila Ivanovna – PhD (Eng.), professor, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk.

Baranov Vladimir Nikolaevich – PhD (Eng.), associate professor, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk.

Bezrukikh Alexander Innokentievich – PhD (Eng.), associate professor, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk.

Gilmanshina Tatyana Renatovna – PhD (Eng.), associate professor, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk.

Yuriev Paul Olegovich – a postgraduate student, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk.

1. Vtorov, B.B. Osobennosti fiziko-himicheskih processov formirovanija rezorcinovyh kompozitov [Features physico-chemical processes formation of the resorcinol composites]. News of higher educational institutions. Building, 2000, no. 12, рр. 113-115.

2. Lytkina S.I., Mamina L.I., Baranov V.N. [etc.]. The certificate of state registration computer program № 2012617194 RF Design program of study materials by liquids wettability «AppSV». Application №2012615180. 22.06.12, the priority of invention, the patent owner since 10/08/12 "Siberian Federal University."

3. Gilmanshin T.R., Mamina L.I., Baranov V.N. [etc.]. Svojstva litejnyh suspenzij na osnove nanostrukturirovannyh grafitov [Properties of casting suspensions based on nanostructured graphite]. Foundry, 2011, no. 10, pp. 31-35.

4. Mamina L.I., Baranov V.N., Bezrukikh A.I. [etc.]. Issledovanie vlijanie rezhimov podgotovki napolnitelja na svojstva nanostrukturirovannyh suspenzij s razlichnymi zhidkimi fazami [Investigation of the influence modes of preparation filler on the properties of nanostructured suspensions with different liquid phases]. Proceedings of the Tenth Congress of the Russian foundry workers. Kazan, 2011. pp. 419-423.

5. Abramson A.A. Voz'mem za obrazec list lotosa [Take a sample of the lotus leaf]. Chemistry and Life. 1982, no. 11, pp. 38-40.