ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

This paper presents the results of laboratory research of changes in the strength characteristics of barchan sands under the action of vibrodynamic load. Quantitative values of the specific cohesion and the angle of internal friction of barchan sands under static and vibrodynamic loads are given. Dependencies to determine the strength characteristics of barchan sands considering vi-brodynamic load in calculations of the railway subgrade strength are proposed.

Keywords

Barchan sands, cohesion, angle of internal friction, vibrodynamic load, subgrade, method of conditional sudden destruction, triaxial stressed state, laboratory research.

Kornilov Sergey Nikolayevich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Head of the Industrial Transport Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Abdukamilov Shavkat Shukhratovich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Teaching Assistant, Tashkent Institute of Railway Engineering, Uzbekistan. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Prokudin I.V. Prochnost' i deformativnost' zheleznodorozhnogo zemlyanogo polotna iz glinistykh gruntov, vosprinimayushhikh vibrodinamicheskikh nagruzku [Strength and deformability of the railway subgrade from clay soils taking vibrodynamic load]. Ph.D. dissertation. Leningrad: LIIZhT, 1982, 455 p.

2. Kornilov S.N., Babentsev D.Yu., Dovzhenok A.S. Problems of operation of railway transport of CJSC LuTEK. Gornyj informatsionno-analiticheskij byulleten' [Mining Informational and analytical bulletin]. Moscow: Moscow State Mining University, 2003, no. 8, pp.136-139.

3. Kornilov S.N., Romanyuk A.I. Changing the design of railway tracks at OJSC MMK based on wooden sleepers to increase the strength and to extend the service life. Аktual'nye problemy sovremennoj nauki, tekhniki i obrazovaniya: materialy 71 mezhregional'naya. nauchno-tekhnicheskaya konferentsiya [Current problems of modern science, technology and education: proceedings of the 71st interregional scientific and technical conference]. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2013, vol. 1, pp. 65-68.

4. Abdukamilov Sh.Sh. The study of barchan sands in a triaxial stressed state under the influence of vibrodynamic loads. Novosti-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta putej soobshheniya [News of the Petersburg State Transport University], Saint Petersburg, 2011, vol. 3, pp. 107-114.

5. Abdukamilov Sh.Sh. The study of an oscillatory process of barchan sands, stacked in railway subgrade. Zhurnal Transsiba zheleznodorozhnykh issledovanij [Journal of Transsib Railway Studies], Omsk, 2014, vol. 2 (18), pp. 75-86.

6. Goldshtein M.N. and others. Features of dynamic properties of soils under the action of a pulsating load on the surface. Trudy k VIII Mezhdunarodnomu kongressu po mekhanike gruntov i fundamentostroeniyu [Proceedings for the 8th International Congress on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering]. Moscow: Stroyizdat, 1973, pp. 329-331.

7. Yershov V.A. Stability of sand embankments due to fluctuations caused by railway and motor transport. Trudy LISI [Proceedings of LISI], no.37, Leningrad, 1962, pp. 76-94.

8. Krasnikov N.D. Dinamicheskie svojstva gruntov i metody ikh opredeleniya [Dynamic properties of soils and methods of their determination]. Leningrad: Stroyizdat, 1975, 240 p.

9. Kolos A.F. Protivodinamicheskaya stabilizatsiya zheleznodorozhnogo zemlyanogo polotna putem tsementatsii gruntov osnovnoj ploshhadki [Counter dynamic stabilization of railway subgrade by cementation of soils of the main site]. Ph.D. dissertation. St. Petersburg: PGUPS, 2000, 163 p.

10. Sipidin V.P., Sidorov N.N. Soil analysis under triaxial compres-sion. Leningrad, 1963, 90 p.

11. Savinov O.A. Issledovanie gruntov v usloviyakh trekhosnogo szhatiya [Modern constructions of foundations under machines and their calculation]. Moscow: Stroyizdat, 1979, 200 p.

12. GOST 22733-2002. Soils. Laboratory methods for determining the maximum density.