ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The hot deformation behavior of steel 20 was investigated by conducting the isothermal uniaxial compression test using physical modeling complex Glee-ble 3500 within a temperature range of 1000–1200°С and a strain rate range of 0.1–1 s–1. The experimental yield curves shows critical points and sections, corresponding to main stages of a hot deformation process such as dynamic hardening, dynamic recovery, and dynamic recristallization. A comparative analysis of mathematical functions allowing us to describe rheological properties of steel 20 was conducted. The activation energy (Q) and the Zener-Hollomon parameter (Z) values were determined. The state equations of steel 20 were defined.

Keywords

Dynamic recrystallization, Gleeble 3500, hot deformation, rheological properties, Zener-Hollomon parameter, deformation stress.

Ishimov Alexey Sergeevich – Postgraduate Student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Baryshnikov Mikhail Pavlovich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Rus-sia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Chukin Mikhail Vitalievich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, First Vice-Rector – Vice-Rector for Science and Innovation, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Mirzadeh Hamed, Najafizadeh Abbas, Moazeny Mohammad. Flow curve analysis of 17-4PH stainless steel under hot compression test. The minerals, metals & materials society and ASM international. 2009, vol. 40A, pp. 2950-2985.

2. Sajadifar S.V., Ketabchi M., Bemanizadeh B. Dynamic recrystallization behavior and hot deformation characteristics in 4340 steel. Metallurgist. 2012, vol. 56, pp. 310-320.

3. Wang Jin, Chen Jun, Zhao Zhen, Ruan Xue-Yu. Hot deformation behavior and flow stress model of F40MNV steel. J. Cent. South univ. Technol. 2007, pp. 19-23.

4. Momeni A. and Dehghani K. Prediction of dynamic recrys-tallization kinetics and grain size for 410 mar- tensitic stainless steel during hot deformation. Met. Mater. Int. 2010, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 843-849.

5. Zakhani Bahmanmir, Taghisalehi Mohammad, Hoddam Shahink, Seyedein Seyedhosein, Reza Aboutalebi Mohammad. Investigation of dynamic and static recrystallization behavior during thermomechanical processing in an API-X70 micro alloyed steel. Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance. 2009, vol. 18(8), pp. 1029-1034.

6. Liao Shu-Lun, Zhang Li-Wen, Yue Chong-Xiang, Pei Ji-Bin, Gao Hui-Ju. Hot deformation behaviors and flow stress model OFGCrl5 bearing steel. J. Cent. Southuniv. Technol. 2008, no. 15, pp. 575-580.

7. Marchattiwar A., Sarkar A., Chakravartty J.K., and Kashyap B.P. Dynamic recrystallization during hot deformation of 304 austenitic stainless steel. Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance. 2013, vol. 22(8), pp. 2168-2175.

8. Chen Jun, Ren Fa-Cai. Modeling flow stress of 70Cr3MO steel used for back-up roll during hot deformation considering strain compensation. Journal of Iron and Steel Research. 2013, no. 20 (11), pp. 118-124.

9. De-Ningzou, Kun Wu, Ying Han, Wei Zhang, Bao Cheng, Guan-Jun Qiao. Deformation characteristic and prediction of flow stress for as-cast 21Cr economical duplex stainless steel under hot compression. Materials and design. 2013, vol. 51, pp. 975-982.

10. Fei Yin, Lin Hua, Huajie Mao, Xinghui Han. Constitutive modeling for flow behavior of GCrl5 steel under hot compression experiments. Materials and Design. 2013, vol. 43, pp. 393-101.

11. Yanhui Liu, Zekun Yao, Yongquanning, Yang Nan, Hongzhenguo, Chun Qin, Zhifeng Shi. The flow behavior and constitutive equation in isothermal compression of FGh4096-Gh4133B dual alloy. Materials and Design. 2014, vol. 63, pp. 829-837.

12. Chinghao Liao, Homgyu Wu, Chengtao Wu, Fengjun Zhu, Shyong Lee. Hot deformation behavior and flow stress modeling of annealed AZ61 Mg alloys. Progress in Natural Science: Materials International. 2014, vol. 24, pp. 253-265.

13. Hamed Mirzadeh, Jose Maria Cabrera, and Abbas Najafizadeh. Modeling and prediction of hot deformation flow curves. The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society and ASM International. 2012, vol. 43a, pp. 108-122.

14. A. Momeni, K. Dehghani, M. Heidari, and M. Vaseghi. Modeling the flow curve of AISI 410 martensitic stainless steel. Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance. 2012, vol. 21(11), pp. 2238-2242.

15. Eli Salpuchi-Cabrera, Jean-Dominique Guerin, Mirentxudu-bar, Mariana H. Staia, Jacky Lesage, Didier Chicot. Constitutive description for the design of hot-working operations of a 20MnCr5 steel grade. Materials and design. 2014, vol. 62, pp. 255-264.

16. Tao Yan, Enlin Yu, Yuqian Zhao. Constitutive modeling for flow stress of 55SiMnMo bainite steel at hot-working conditions. Materials and design. 2013, vol. 50, pp. 574-580.

17. Akhmedyanov A.M., Rushchits S.V., Smirnov M.A. Physical and numerical modeling of hot deformation behavior of 20Kh13 steel. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta, seriya “Metallurgiya” [Bulletin of the Ural State University. Series “Metallurgy”], 2013, issue 13, no.2, pp. 116-124.

18. Ishimov A.S., Zherebtsov M.S., Chukin D.M. Modelirovanie protsessov s bolshimi stepenyami nakoplennoy deformatsii na issledovatelskom komplekse Gleeble 3500 [Modelling of high strain processes using Gleeble 3500 system]. Aktualnie problemi sovremennoy nauki, tekhniki i obrazovaniya: materiali 71 mezhregionalnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii [Current problems of modern science, machines and education: proceedings of the 71st scientific and technical conference, edited by V.M. Kolokoltsev], Magnitogorsk, 2013, vol. 1, pp. 251-254.

19. Baryshnikov M.P., Chukin M.V., Boiko A.B. Analiz pro-grammnykh kompleksov dlya rascheta napryazhenno-deformirovannogo sostoyaniya kompozitsionnykh materialov v protsessakh obrabotki davleniem [Analysis of software complexes for calculation of a stress-strain state of composite materials during deformation processes]. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2012, no. 4, pp. 72-74.

20. Chukin M.V. Proizvodstvo vysokoprochnoy stalnoy armatury dlya zhelezobetonnykh shpal novogo pokoleniya [Production of high-strength steel reinforcement for a new generation of concrete sleepers]. Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 2014, 276 p.

21. Kolokoltsev V.M. Magnitogorskiy gosudarstvenny tekhnicheskiy universitet im. G.I. Nosova. Istoriya. Razvitie. [Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University. History. Development]. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2014, no.1. pp. 5-6.

22. Chukin M.V., Kolokoltsev V.M., Gun G.S., Salganik V.M., Platov S.I. Nauchnaya deyatelnost GOU VPO «MGTU» v usloviyakh razvitiya nanotekhnologiy [Scientific activity of NMSTU in terms of nanotechnology development]. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2009, no.2, pp. 55-59.

23. Kolokoltsev V.M. Pyat let ot attestatsii do attestatsii [Five years from a certification to a certification]. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2008, no.1, pp. 5-11.

24. Gun G.S. Innovatsionnye metody i resheniya v protsessakh obrabotki materialov [Innovative methods and solutions in materials processing]. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical Uni-versity], 2014, no.4, pp. 99-113.

25. Chukin M.V., Korchunov A.G., Gun G.S., Polyakova M.A., Koptseva N.V. Nanodimentional structural part formation in high carbon steel by thermal and deformation processing. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2013, no.5, pp. 33-35.

26. Gun G.S., Mezin I.Yu., Korchunov A.G., Chukin M.V., Gun I.G., Rubin G.Sh. Nauchno-pedagogicheskaya shkola magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta po upravleniyu kachestvom produktsii i proizvodstvennykh protsessov [Scientific and pedagogical school of NMSTU on quality management of products and processes]. Kachestvo v obrabotke materialov [Quality in metal treatment], 2014, no.1, pp. 5-9.

27. Chukin M.V., Gun G.S., Baryshnikov M.P., Valiev R.Z., Raab G.I. Osobennosti reologicheskikh svoystv konstruktsionnykh nanostaley [Features of rheological properties of structural nanosteels]. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2008, no.1, pp. 24-27.

28. Gun G.S., Chukin M.V., Emaleeva D.G., Koptseva N.V., Efimova Yu.Yu., Baryshnikov M.P. Issledovanie formirovaniya submikrokristallicheskoy struktury poverkhnostnogo sloya stalnoy provoloki s tselyu povysheniya urovnya ee mekhanicheskikh svoystv [Study of the formation of a submicrocrystalline structure of a steel wire surface layer in order to improve its mechanical properties]. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2007, no.4. pp. 89-93.