ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

Minerals processing methods are based on the total information about morfostructural composition of row materials, obtained with the help of modern mineralogical and analytical methods. It was established that ore microstructure affects on the composition and morphology of the tailings minerals. Granular, crystalloblastic and metagranular ore microstructure minerals are characterized by a simple structure with plane edges, therefore they are easily revealed forming monomineral aggregates during the disintegration process. Corrosive, cataclastic, colloidal ore microstructure minerals are of the complex structure with ragged, jagged edges that leads to overgrinding and losses of non-ferrous metal minerals in tailings.

Keywords

Kies, current tailings, microstructure, minerals morphology, growth edges, mineralogical and analytical approaches.

Gorbatova Elena Alexandrovna – Ph.D. (Eng.), Head of Mine Surveying Works and Geology department, Nosov Magnito-gorsk State Technical University, Russia. Phone: (3519) 29-85-42. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Ozhogina Elena Germanovna – D.Sc. (Eng.), Head of Mineralogy department, All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Mineral Resources named after N.M.Fedorovsky, Moscow, Russia. Phone: (495) 951-74-49. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Chanturia V.A. Modern Mineralogy and new trends of its development. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining journal], 2005, no. 12, pp. 56-64.

2. Ozhogina Е.G., Kotova О.B., Chanturia Е.L. Rol tekhnologicheskoy mineralogii v prognoznoy otsenke kachestva mineralnogo syrya i yego glubokoy tekhnologii kompleksnoy pererabotki mineralnogo syrya. [The role of technological Mineralogy in the evaluation of the quality of mineral raw materials and advanced technology of complex processing of mineral raw materials]. Moscow: Publishing house Ore and Metals, 2008, pp. 35-52.

3. Trubetskoy K.N., Chanturia V.A., Kaplunov D.R., Rylnikova M.V. Kompleksnoe osvoenie mestorozhdeniy i glubokaya pererabotka mineralnogo syirya [Complex development of fields and deep processing of mineral raw materials]. Moscow: Nauka, 2010, 437 p.

4. Gorbatova E.A., Kolkova M.S. Methodical bases of mineralogical and technological estimation of waste for processing sulfide ores of the South Urals. Marksheyderskoe i geologicheskoe obespechenie gornyih rabot: sb. nauch. trudov [Mine surveying and geological provision of mining works: Collection of scientific works]. Magnitogorsk, Publ. NMTSU, 2013, pp. 150-155.

5. Ozhogina Е.G., Gorbatova E.A. The impact of morfostructural composition of the waste of enrichment of ores of nonferrous metals extraction of valuable components at their hydrometallurgical redistribution. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova. [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2012, no. 1, pp. 10-12.