ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

This article is devoted to the formation of porous compositions based on alkali solutions. The effect of an alkali solution composition on foam mass was studied. The augmented stability of foam from Na2O(SiO2)n solutions was revealed. The dependence of foam mass properties on the addition of NaOH into Na2O(SiO2)n so-lution was shown. It was revealed that synthetic foaming agents were preferable to form a porous structure of alkali-silicate compositions. It was shown that additional formation of porous foam mass was possible due to the addition of gas-forming agents and hollow granules. The revealed features of the formation of porous compositions served as a basis for a cement-free foam concrete manufacturing process.

Keywords

Alkali-silicate compositions, pore formation, foam mass, structure.

Miryuk Olga Aleksandrovna – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Head of the Department of Construction and Construction Materials Science, Rudny Industrial Institute Republican State Enterprise Operating on the Basis of Economic Control Rights, Rudny, Kazakhstan. Phone: +7 (71431) 5-07-03. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Bobrov Yu.L. et al. Теploizolyatsionnye materialy i konstruktsii [Thermal insulation materials and structures]. Moscow: INFRA-M, 2003, 268 p.

2. Glukhovsky V.D. Vyazhushchie i kompozitsionnye materialy kontaktnogo tverdeniya [Cementing and composite contact hardening materials]. Kiev: High School, 1991, 242 p.

3. Solomatov V.I. et al. Strukturoobrazovanie i svoistva kompozitov na osnove boya stekla [Structure formation and properties of composites based on broken glass]. Izvestija vuzov. Stroitelstvo [News of universities. Construction]. 2000, no. 9, pp. 16–22.

4. Pinto A.T. Alcali-activated metakaolin based binders. PhD Thesis. University of Minho. 2004, vol. 11, no. 2, April 1, pp. 38–43.

5. Davidovits J. Geopolymer Technologies and extractive metallurgy environmentally
 safe tailing solidification and disposal. SME Annual Melting, Phoenix, Arizona,
 January 25 –28, 1988. Arizona, 1988, pp. 1–7.

6. Ambruster T. Gunter M.E. Stepwise dehydration of heulandite-clinoptilolite from Succor Creek. Oregon, U.S.A.: A single-crystal X-ray study at 100 К. Ameren Mineral, 1991, vol. 76, pp. 1872–1883.

7. Rakhimova N.R. et al. Aerated concrete based on composite slag-alkaline binders. Stroitelnye materialy, oborudovanie, tekhnologii XXI veka. Tekhnologii betonov. [Building materials, equipment, technologies of the 21st century. Concrete technologies], 2009, no. 7–8, pp. 34–35.

8. Lotov V.A., Kutugin V.A. The formation of a porous structure of foamed silicates based on liquid glass compositions. Steklo i keramika [Glass and ceramic], 2008, no. 1, pp. 6–10.

9. Dietmar Briesemann. Entwicklungstendenzen und Bewertung von Gas-beton sowie von Gasbetonbauweisen in der BRD. Bauzeitung. Berlin: Verlag für Bauwesen, 1990, pp. 114–115.

10. Miryuk О.А. Formation of porous compositions in alkali-containing mass. Beton i zhelezobeton v Ukraine [Concrete and reinforced concrete in Ukraine], 2014, no. 1, pp. 2–6.