ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download

Abstract

The research revealed how activation time, type and amount of surface-active additives influenced on an average size and total surface area of crystalline and cryptocrystalline graphite particles, taken from different deposits, and carbon bearing waste materials, during the process of activation in a planetary centrifugal mill, АGО-2. It was shown that the maximum dispersion de-gree of graphite and carbon bearing waste was achieved within 20 minutes of activation without surface-active additives. The most efficient surface-active additives are additives containing sulfo groups in their structure. The amount of such additive should not exceed 3%.

Keywords

Activation, graphite, average size of particles, total surface area of particles, surface-active additives, planetary centrifugal mill АGО-2.

Baranov Vladimir Nikolaevich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Dovzhenko Nikolai Nikolaevich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Director of the Oil and Gas Institute, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Gilmanshina Tatiana Renatovna – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia. E-mail:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Lytkina Svetlana Igorevna – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Khudonogov Sergey Aleksandrovich – Assistant Professor, Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Doroshenko S.P. Formovochnye materialy i smesi [Moulding materials and mixtures]. Kiev: Higher School, 1990; Prague: SNTL, 1990. 415 p.

2. Boldin A.N., Davydov N.I., Zhukovsky S.S. et al. Litejnye formovochnye materialy. Formovochnye, sterzhnevye smesi i pokrytiya: spravochnik [Foundry molding materials. Molding, core mixture and coatings: a handbook]. Moscow: Mechanical Engineering, 2006. 507 p.

3. Leushin I.O., Burmistrov A.O. Metal phosphate binder-based foundry facing. Litejnoe proizvodstvo [Foundry]. 2002, no. 2, pp. 14-15.

4. Mamina L.I., Novozhonov V.I., Gilmanshina T.R. [et al.]. Sposoby povysheniya kachestva litejnogo grafita otdel'nymi i kompleksnymi metodami aktivatsii : monografiya [Methods of improving the quality of foundry graphite using individual and integrated methods of activation: a monograph]. Krasnoyarsk: Siberian Federal University, 2011. 160 p.

5. Molchanov V.I., Selezneva O.G., Zhirnov E.N. Аktivatsiya mineralov pri izmel'chenii [Activation of minerals by grinding]. Moscow: Nedra, 1988. 208 p.

6. Poluboyarov V.A., Andryushkova O.V., Pauli I.A., Korotaeva Z.A. Vliyanie mekhanicheskikh vozdejstvij na fiziko-khimicheskie protsessy v tverdykh telakh : monografiya [The effect of strains on physical and chemical processes in solids: a monograph]. Novosibirsk: Publishing House of NSTU, 2011. 604 p. (Series "NSTU Monograph").

7. Baranov V.N. Activation of graphite of various crystal-chemical structures for refractory products and paints in foundry. Ph.D. dissertation. Krasnoyarsk: GUTsMiZ, 2005. 131 p.

8. Mamina L.I. Theoretical foundations of mechanical activation of molding materials and development of resource-saving technological processes in foundry. D.Sc. dissertation. Krasnoyarsk, 1989. 426 p.

9. Kavitsky M.A., Pospelov A.V. The Noginsk graphite deposit: Report. Krasnoyarsk, 1971-1977.

10. Melnikov I.I. Veselovsky V.S. Sostoyanie i perspektiva razvitiya syr'evoj bazy grafita SSSR [Status and prospects of development of the USSR raw materials base of graphite]. Moscow: VNIIMS, 1967.

11. Gilmanshina T.R. Developing methods to improve the quality of foundry graphite using individual and integrated methods of activation. Ph.D. dissertation. Krasnoyarsk: GUTsMiZ, 2004. 141 p.

12. Khodakov G.S. Tonkoe izmel'chenie stroitel'nykh materialov [Fine grinding of building materials]. Moscow: Stroyizdat, 1972. 238 p.

13. Khasiev D.R., Mamina L.I., Gilmanshina T.R., Novozhonov V.I. Influence of surface-active agents (surfactants) on a fractional composition of amorphous graphite of the Noginsk deposit of the Krasnoyarsk Territory. Perspektivnye materialy, tekhnologii, konstruktsii: sbornik nauchnykh trudov [Advanced materials, technologies, design: collection of research papers]. Issue 7. Krasnoyarsk: SAA, 2001, pp.19-20.

14. Khodakov G.S. Fizika izmel'cheniya [Physics of grinding]. Moscow: Publishing house of literature on construction engi-neering, 1972. 238 p.