ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-3-147-154

Abstract

Relevance and Objectives. It is important to determine how consumers actually affect the quality of electric power in order to decide where equipment should be installed for power quality optimization, as well as the parameters of such equipment. To determine the most appropriate place for installing higher harmonic filters, an experimental study was carried out to understand the mutual effect of a 220 kV power grid and electric arc furnaces of a steel plant on the electric power quality at one of the step-down stations and on its 35 kV buses. Methods Applied. The experiment relied on Resurs UF2M and Energotester ПКЭ-А meters that registered phase currents, voltages and powers, as well as low and high voltage harmonic factors at the transformer ТДЦНМ-100000/160000/220-У. Findings. The results of the study helped analyze how much the supply mains and the plant consumers contributed to the voltage non-sinusoidality. They also helped restore the equivalent circuit of the considered system for k harmonic. The authors reason why it is crucial to conduct studies on power quality within a wide range of loads before deciding on the installation of optimization equipment. It is showed that in the considered case the higher harmonic filters installed on the 35 kV buses failed to deliver the required optimization of the 220 kV bus power quality. Practical Relevance. The conclusion drawn contradicts Item 3.2.17 of the Code for Consumer Electrical Installations that stipulates that filter compensating devices must be used and that electric arc furnaces cannot be operated without them. The paper discusses why the above discrepancy occurred and the fact that it would be necessary to review the applicable regulations in order to optimize the utilization of resources.

Keywords

electric power quality, voltage non-sinusoidality, high-voltage grids, electric arc furnaces, filter compensating devices

For citation

Dziuba M.A., Safonov V.I. Contribution of a Supply Network and an Industrial Site to the Electric Power Quality at the Point of Delivery. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 147-154. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-3-147-154

Dziuba M.A. South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russia

Safonov V.I. South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russia

1. Chapman D. The price of low quality electricity. En-ergosberezhenie [Energy saving], 2004, no. 1, pp. 66-69. (In Russ.)

2. Kartashev I.I., Tulsky V.N., Shamonov R.G., Sharov Yu.V., Vorobyov A.Yu. Upravlenie kachestvom el-ektroenergii [Power quality management]. Moskow: Publishing house of MPEI, 2017, 347 p. (In Russ.)

3. Zhezhelenko I.V. Vysshie garmoniki v sistemakh el-ektrosnabzheniya prompredpriyatij [Higher harmonics in power supply systems of production companies]. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1984, 160 p. (In Russ.)

4. Morgunov D.N., Dobrynin E.V. Relationship between the load with switch-mode power supply and non-sinusoidality in power supply networks of non-traction railway consumers. Vestnik transporta Pov-olzhya [Transport bulletin of the Volga region], 2021, no. 5, pp. 13-18. (In Russ.)

5. Chattopadhyay S., Madhuhhanda M., Sengupta S. Electric Power Quality: Springer Science + Business Media B.V. Netherlands: Springer, 2011. 182 p.

6. GOST 32144-2013. Elektricheskaya energiya. Sovmestimost tekhnicheskikh sredstv elektromagnitnaya. Normy kachestva elektricheskoj energii v sistemakh elektrosnabzheniya obshchego naznacheniya [Electric energy. Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment. Power quality limits in the public power supply systems]. https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200104301. (Ac-cessed: 01.06.22). (In Russ.)

7. Zhelezko Yu.S., Kordyukov E.I., Kurbatsky V.G. Rules for applying discounts and surcharges to tariffs for the electricity quality. Promyshlennaya energetika [Industrial Energy], 1990, no. 11, pp. 52-55. (In Russ.)

8. Mayer V.Ya. A procedure for determining the contri-bution of the energy consumer and that of the energy supplier to the deterioration of electric power quality. Elektrichestvo [Electricity], 1994, no. 49, pp. 19-24. (In Russ.)

9. Gamazin S.I., Petrovich V.A. Determining the actual contribution of the consumer to the distortion of electric power quality parameters. Promyshlennaya energetika [Industrial Energy], 2003, no. 1, pp. 32-38. (In Russ.)

10. Sysun V.I., Oleshchuk O.V., Sobolev N.V. et al. Evaluating the contribution of a non-linear load to the higher harmonics of the network voltage when they are present in the supply voltage. Mezhdunarodnyi nauchno-issledovatelskiy zhurnal [International research journal], 2019, no. 2, pp. 20-23. (In Russ.)

11. Shklyarsky Ya.E., Rastvorova Yu.V., Petrov I.S. Evaluating the contribution of consumers to the dete-rioration of electric power quality indicators. Voprosy elektrotekhnologii [Problems of electrical engineer-ing], 2019, no. 1, pp. 56-63. (In Russ.)

12. Karagodin V.V., Rybakov D.V., Smirnov S.V. As-sessing the impact of consumers on the level of elec-tromagnetic compatibility at the point of connection to the power supply system feeding specialized com-plexes. Trudy Voenno-kosmicheskoy akademii imeni A.F. Mozhayskogo [Proceedings of the A.F. Mozhaysky Military Space Academy], 2022, no. 681, pp. 97-103. (In Russ.)

13. GOST IEC/TR 61000-3-6-2020. Elektromagnitnaya sovmestimost (EMS). Chast 3-6. Normy. Otsenka norm elektromagnitnoj emissii dlya podklyucheniya ustanovok, sozdayushchikh pomekhi, k sistemam elektrosnabzheniya srednego, vysokogo i sverhvysokogo napryazheniya. [Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). Part 3-6. Limits. Assessment of emission limits for the connection of distorting installations to MV, HV and EHV power systems]. https://protect.gost.ru/v.aspx?control=7&id= 237332 (Accessed: 21.06.22) (In Russ.)

14. Pravila tekhnicheskoj ekspluatatsii elektroustanovok potrebitelej. Utverzhdeno Minenergo i Minyustom RF № 6 ot 13.01.03 № 4145 ot 22.01.03 [Code for Con-sumer Electrical Installations. Approved by the Minis-try of Energy and the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation No. 6 dated January 13, 2003 No. 4145 dated January 22, 2003]. http://pue7.ru/pte/pte_ep.php. (accessed 01.06.22). (In Russ.)

15. Rozanov Yu.K., Ryabchitsky M.V., Kvasnyuk A.A. Silovaya elektronika: uchebnik dlya vuzov [Power electronics: Textbook for university students]. Moskow: Publishing House of MPEI, 2017, 632 p. (In Russ.)