ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-3-35-44

Abstract

Relevance and objective of the study. Precious and non-ferrous metal ore deposits mainly have a complex structure with a high variability in the content of useful components in the massif; therefore, their development using the blasting loosening leads to a significant regrading and dilution of ores, subsequently leading to an increase in the cost of enrichment and a decrease in the throughout extraction of useful components. The well-known combined development schemes, which involve the mechanical extraction of especially rich ores by drilling, do not provide for the identification of the exact contours of zones of rich and especially rich ores, and also do not allow for the advance ex-traction of the entire volume of especially valuable raw materials from the massif. Objective. Improving the technology of combined development of complex structure ore deposits by clarifying the contours of zones of rich and especially rich ores, selecting a set of equipment to ensure their high-quality selective extraction, as well as substantiating efficiency of disintegration of relatively strong ores with solutions of surfactants. Results. The conducted experimental studies on the softening of medium-hard rock samples with a solution of surfactants showed a significant decrease in their strength in uniaxial compression and tension. The paper proposes an improved development technology, which consists in the formation of a network of blast holes, which are at the same time sample workings at the first stage of an accompanying exploration. When zones with a high content of a useful component are identified, the second stage of the accompanying exploration is carried out, including a local thickening of the network of the holes of a smaller diameter and interval sampling, leading to outlining rich and especially rich ores laterally and vertically. Then the resulting dense network of the holes is used to impregnate the massif with a solution of surfactants. Advanced loosening and excavation of local areas of especially rich ores is carried out by a hydraulic excavator equipped with interchangeable equipment, such as a hydraulic hammer and a hydraulic grab. The rest of the massif is loosened by blasting, and then the ore mass is extracted with an open-pit excavator. Conclusions. The proposed technology is used to specify the contours of rich and especially rich ores in the massif. Hydraulic hammers are used to break especially rich ores along the boundaries of the identified contour with a minimal regrading, increasing the extraction of useful components during the subsequent processing of valuable mineral raw materials.

Keywords

especially rich ores, surfactants, softening, advanced mechanical mining, excavator, hydraulic hammer, productivity

For citation

Cheban A.Yu., Sekisov A.G. Improvement in the Technology for the Development of Complex Deposits Applying Combined Ore Extraction. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 35-44. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-3-35-44

Cheban A.Yu. Mining Institute of the Khabarovsk Federal Research Center of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Khabarovsk, Russia

Sekisov A.G. Mining Institute of the Khabarovsk Federal Research Center of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Khabarovsk, Russia

1. Batugin S.A., Cherny E.D. Teoreticheskie osnovy oprobovaniya i otsenki zapasov mestorozhdenii [Theoretical bases of testing and evaluating reserves of deposits]. Novosibirsk: Science. Siberian Enterprise, the Russian Academy of Sciences, 1998, 344 p. (In Russ.)

2. Espinoza R.D., Rojo J. Towards sustainable mining (Part I): Valuing investment opportunities in the min-ing sector. Resources Policy, 52, 7-18 (2017).

3. Adams M.D. Gold ore processing: Project development and operations. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2016, 980 p.

4. Jarvie-Eggart M.E. Responsible mining: Case studies in managing social & environmental risks in the de-veloped world. Colorado: Society for Mining, Metal-lurgy and Exploration, 2015, 804 р.

5. Sekisov G.V., Cheban A.Y. Low-waste mining tech-nology for structurally complex deposits with mixed-type process flows of ore extraction and processing. Journal of Mining Science, 57, 6, 978-985 (2021).

6. Trubetskoy K.N., Galchenko Y.P., Shuklin A.S. Ex-perimental research of physical processes in selective extraction of ores and rocks in flat lode mining. Jour-nal of Mining Science, 54, 2, 248-253 (2018).

7. Cheban A.Yu. Improving geotechnology of extraction of narrow ore bodies, using a roadheader. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser. Nauki o Zemle [Izvestiya of Tula State University. Earth Science Series], 2020, no. 1, pp. 340-348. (In Russ.)

8. Menabde M., Froyland G., Stone P., Yeates G. Mining schedule optimization for conditionally simulated orebodies. Orebody Modeling and Strategic Mine Planning, Spectrum Series, 91-100 (2007).

9. Yumatov B.P., Sekisov G.V., Buyanov M.I. Normiro-vanie i planirovanie polnoty i kachestva vyemki rudy na karerakh [Rationing and planning of the completeness and quality of ore extraction in quarries]. Moscow: Nedra, 1987, 183 p. (In Russ.)

10. Kozhiev Kh.Kh. Consolidated calculation of the effi-ciency of ore quality management. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten [Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin], 2006, no. 8, pp. 29-30. (In Russ.)

11. Lomonosov G.G., Turtygina N.A. Influence of a coarse-grained copper-nickel ore raw materials class and its changeability upon the benefication indicators. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten [Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin], 2015, no. 3, pp. 104-107. (In Russ.)

12. Babich I.N. New opportunities for evaluating ore con-trasts in the interior part of the Earth. Ratsionalnoe osvoenie nedr [Mineral Mining & Conservation], 2020, no. 6, pp. 38-46. (In Russ.)

13. Ocak I., Seker S.E., Rostami J. Performance predic-tion of impact hammer using ensemble machine learning techniques. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 80, 269-276 (2018).

14. Anistratov Yu.I., Steintsag R.M., Voronkov G.Ya., Kuznetsov A.G., Khaspekov P.R. Prospects for ex-panding the scope of application of blastless technologies in open-pit coal mining. Gornaya promyshlennost [Mining Industry], 1998, no. 2, pp. 14- 19. (In Russ.)

15. Cheban A.Yu. The way of preparation of strong rocks to the excavation during construction and mining op-erations. Mekhanizatsiya stroitelstva [Construction Mechanization], 2017, no. 9, pp. 20-23. (In Russ.)

16. Mohd Im. Variation of production with time, cutting tool and fuel consumption of surface miner 2200 SM 3.8. International Journal of Technical Research and Applications, 1, 224-226 (2016).

17. Cheban A.Yu., Sekisov G.V. Rationale for the use of a combined preparation for selective extraction of ores from complex structure deposits. Vestnik Magni-togorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2020, vol. 18, no. 3. pp. 4-12. (In Russ.)

18. Shobolova L.P., Kovorova V.V. On the creation of a combined technology for the development of kimber-lites using liquid and gaseous surfactants. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten [Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin], 2000, no. 1, pp. 178-179. (In Russ.)

19. INDECO. Hydraulic hammer performance. Available at: https://indecorus.ru/podderzhka/kak-opredelit-proizvoditelnost-gidromolota-m3-v-chas/? (Accessed on June 20, 2022)

20. Sekisov A., Rasskazova A. Assessment of the possi-bility of hydrometallurgical processing of low-grade ores in the oxidation zone of the Malmyzh Cu-Au porphyry deposit. Minerals, 11, 1, 1-11 (2021).

21. Cheban A.Yu., Sekisov A.G. Mining excavator with the capability to separate concentrated ore fines. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2020, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 16-22. (In Russ.)