ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-4-107-115

Abstract

Problem statement (relevance of the research). When machining high-precision parts, mechanical engineers face a long adjustment of the technological process after its design and diagnosis of the causes of defects. Machining of precise and deep holes creates special difficulties for process engineers, when designing technological processes. But, despite the effort expended, after adjusting the technological system, it is not possible to avoid the frequent occurrence of defects in machining accuracy. It takes a long time to diagnose the causes of defects. Analysis of the technology of machining precise and deep holes at modern enterprises has shown that the main reason for long-time machining is the difficulty of assigning technological parameters of operations and transitions at the initial machining stages, which include drilling and countersinking. The assigned machining parameters, such as cutting modes, geometry of the cutting tool, for these operations slightly meet the requirements for the accuracy of the axis location, but rather meet the requirements for the accuracy of the diameter, as well as the requirements of the highest output and durability of the tool. It is possible to improve the quality of forecasts for the hole machining accuracy by designing mathematical models of hole shaping and computer models for calculating accuracy, taking into account the features of countersinks with polyhedral disposable plates. The methods used. In this study, the authors used methods of mathematical modeling, cutting theory, as well as the main provisions of the theory of mechanisms and machines. Novelty. The authors have developed a mathematical model to calculate the drill run-off, when machining with the countersink with polyhedral disposable plates, factoring into new variables: the axial displacement of the vertices of the cutting edges of polyhedral disposable plates τ from each other and the difference in the main cutting edge angles φ, which were not previously used in existing similar mathematical models. Result. The developed mathematical model predicts the drill run-off, when machining with a countersink with polyhedral disposable plates, varying the cutting modes, thereby reducing the labor intensity of hole machining. Practical significance. The authors have developed a technique used to select operation parameters, providing the set accuracy, when machining with countersinks with polyhedral disposable plates. This contributes to an increase in economic and technological efficiency, when machining holes with a countersink with polyhedral disposable plates, using the developed mathematical model based on reducing the number of transitions and increasing the ability to aggregate operations.

Keywords

Countersink with polyhedral disposable plates, mathematical model, drill run-off, improvement of machining accuracy, reduction of labor intensity, countersinking, hole machining.

For citation

Deryabin I.P., Tokarev A.S. Reducing the Labor Intensity of Hole Machining by Increasing the Accuracy of Countersinking Operations with Precast Tools. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2021, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 107–115. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-4-107-115

Igor P. Deryabin – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Tryokhgorny Technological Institute – the branch of National Research Nuclear University MEPhI (TTI NRNU MEPhI), Tryokhgorny, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Artem S. Tokarev – Senior Lecturer, Tryokhgorny Technological Institute – the branch of National Research Nuclear University MEPhI (TTI NRNU MEPhI), Tryokhgorny, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Averyanov O.I., Klepikov V.V. Rezhushchii instrument [Cutting tools]. Moscow: MSIU, 2007, 144 p. (In Russ.)

2. Adaskin A.M., Kolesov N.V. Sovremennyi rezhushchii instrument: uchebnoe posobie dlya stud. uchrezhdenii sred. prof. obrazovaniya [Modern cutting tools: A textbook for students of secondary vocational institutions]. Moscow: Academy Publishing Center, 2012, 224 p. (In Russ.)

3. Alpatov Yu.N. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie proizvodstvennykh protsessov: uchebnoe posobie [Mathematical modeling of production processes: A textbook]. St. Petersburg: Lan, 2018, 136 p. (In Russ.)

4. Gorokhov V.A., Belyakov N.V., Makharinsky Yu.E. Osnovy tekhnologii mashinostroeniya. Laboratornyi praktikum [Fundamentals of mechanical engineering technology. Laboratory practicum]. Moscow: Infra-M, 2013, 440 p. (In Russ.)

5. Guzeev V.I., Batuev V.A., Surkov I.V. Rezhimy rezaniya dlya tokarnykh i sverlilno-frezerno-rastochnykh stankov s ChPU: spravochnik [Cutting schedules for turning and drilling-milling-boring CNC machines: Handbook]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2005, 386 p. (In Russ.)

6. Deryabin I.P. Metodologiya parametricheskogo proektirovaniya mnogoperekhodnoi obrabotki kruglykh otverstii kontsevymi mernymi instrumentami: avtoref. dis. … d-ra tekhn. nauk: spets. 05.02.08 «Tekhnologiya mashinostroeniya» [Methodology of parametric design of multi-pass processing of round holes with end measuring tools: Extended abstract of the doctoral thesis; spec. 05.02.08 Technology of mechanical engineering]. Chelyabinsk, 2009.

7. Emelyanov S.G., Zubkova O.S., Merzhoeva M.S. Efficiency of using prefabricated countersinks with replaceable polyhedral plates. Vestnik mashinostroeniya [Bulletin of Mechanical Engineering], 2003, no. 12, pp. 60–61. (In Russ.)

8. Kozlov A.V., Deryabin P.I. Issledovanie protsessov formoobrazovaniya otverstii mernymi instrumentami [Study on the processes of formation of holes with measuring tools]. Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Federal Agency for Education, South Ural State University, Branch in Zlatoust. Chelyabinsk: Publishing House of SUSU, 2006, 251 p. (In Russ.)

9. Mironova I.N. Sokrashchenie trudoemkosti tekhnologicheskoi podgotovki proizvodstva na etapakh proektirovaniya i otladki operatsii obrabotki otverstii instrumentami odnostoronnego rezaniya: avtoref. dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk: spets. 05.02.08 «Tekhnologiya mashinostroeniya» [Reduction of labor intensity of technological preparation of production at the stages of design and adjustment of hole processing operations with single-sided cutting tools: Extended abstract of the PhD thesis; spec. 05.02.08 Technology of mechanical engineering]. Chelyabinsk, 2006.

10. Pyatykh A.S. Sovershenstvovanie protsessa polucheniya tochnykh otverstii v detalyakh iz alyuminievykh splavov na vysokoproizvoditelnom oborudovanii: avtoref. dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk: spets. 05.02.08 «Tekhnologiya mashinostroeniya» [Improving the process of making precise holes in aluminum alloy parts on high-performance equipment: Extended abstract of the PhD thesis; spec. 05.02.08 Technology of mechanical engineering]. Irkutsk, 2019, 20 p.

11. Reizlin V.I. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie: uchebnoe posobie [Mathematical modeling: Textbook]. Moscow: Yurayt, 2016, 128 p. (In Russ.)

12. Tokarev A.S. Deryabin I.P., Lopatin B.A. Experimental determination of the drill run-off, when processing with a countersink with polyhedral disposable plates. Vestnik YuUrGU. Seriya «Mashinostroenie» [Bulletin of SUSU. Series "Mechanical Engineering"], 2020, pp. 55–62. (In Russ.)

13. Tokarev A.S., Deryabin I.P. Measuring the error of the arrangement of plates of a countersink with polyhedral disposable plates. Fundamentalnye i prikladnye issledovaniya: problemy i rezultaty stati: tezisy dokladov Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-issledovatelskoi konferentsii [Fundamental and applied research: problems and results of the paper: abstracts of the reports presented at the International Research Conference]. 2017, pp. 72–74. (In Russ.)

14. Deryabin I.P., Tokarev A.S., Dontsova Yu.D., Tokareva O.A. Development of a mathematical model for predicting the drill run-off, when processing with a countersink with polyhedral disposable plates. Estestvennye i tekhnicheskie nauki [Natural and Engineering Sciences], 2018, no. 6 (120), pp. 212–215. (In Russ.)