ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-1-60-69

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance): The authors analyzed the existing problems of standardization in the hardware industry. It is noted that one of the ways to increase the competitiveness of metalware in the domestic and foreign markets is to harmonize the requirements of Russian standards with foreign norms. Now, there are many standards on tapping screws of different types. At the same time, manufacturers in the Russian Federation take into consideration the requirements of foreign standards. Objectives: It is currently relevant to determine the degree of compliance of Russian standards with quality parameters of tapping screws governed by foreign norms. Methods Applied: A method for determining the degree of harmonization of standards of different categories was developed using main principles of qualimetry. When developing the method, the authors used methods of comparison, systematization and analysis of the existing information base of standardization, and information coding techniques. The obtained results match well and do not contradict to the existing data in other information resources about the topic of the theoretical study. Originality: A new method has been developed which makes it possible to get the quantitative information about the degree of harmonization between Russian and foreign standards on tapping screws. Findings: Using the existing standards on tapping screws as an example, the authors showed a potential application of this method. Practical Relevance: A comprehensive analysis of the applicable Russian and foreign standards on tapping screws makes it possible to determine the ways to increase the degree of matching the relevant requirements. It is the basis used to create and implement new technical and technological solutions in the existing production, which will improve the competitiveness of such type of metalware both in the domestic and foreign markets.

Keywords

Standardization, standard, harmonization, qualimetry, method, coding, tapping screws.

For citation

Polyakova M.A., Dryagun E.P., Sokolov A.A., Kharitonov V.A., Petrov I.M. Method to Estimate the Degree of Harmonization Between Standards of Different Categories. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2021, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 60–68. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2021-19-1-60-68

Marina A. Polyakova – DrSc (Eng.), Associate Professor, Professor of the Department of Materials Processing, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Eduard P. Dryagun – Head of the Central Plant Laboratory, OJSC Magnitogorsk Hardware and Sizing Plant MMK-METIZ, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Alexander A. Sokolov – Head of Subcommittee 7 “Metalware and Fasteners”, Technical Committee 375 “Steel products from ferrous metals and alloys”, PhD (Eng.), OJSC Magnitogorsk Hardware and Sizing Plant MMK-METIZ, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Veniamin A. Kharitonov – PhD (Eng.), Professor, Professor of the Department of Materials Processing, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Igor M. Petrov – Senior Lecturer, the Department of Metallurgy and Stadardization, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, branch in Beloretsk, Beloretsk, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Gromak A.V. Strength and safety of machines are in a high quality and reliability of fasteners. Vestnik VNIINMASH [Vestnik VNIINMASH], 2011, no. 8, pp. 37–41. (In Russ.)

2. Dryagun E.P., Polyakova M.A., Belan O.A., Alsynbaev N.T. On problems of applying reference standards. Chernaya metallurgiya. Byulleten nauchno-tekhnicheskoy i ekonomicheskoy informatsii [Ferrous Metallurgy. Bulletin of Scientific, Technical and Economic Information], 2019, vol. 75, no. 10, pp. 1169–1180. (In Russ.)

3. Dunaevskiy S.N., Tarasiev Yu.I., Tokmakov O.A. A new Russian law about standardization under the aspect of definite practice. Armaturostroenie [Valve Building], 2016, no. 1 (100), pp. 21-25. (In Russ.)

4. Azgaldov G.G., Raikhman E.P. O kvalimetrii [About qualimetry]. Ed. by Glichev A.V. Moscow: Publishing House of Standards, 1973, 172 p. (In Russ.)

5. Azgaldov G.G. Teoriya i praktika otsenki kachestva tovarov. Osnovy kvalimetrii [Theory and practice of goods quality assessment. Basics of qualimetry]. Moscow: Economics, 1982, 256 p. (In Russ.)

6. Sorokin E.P. Regarding the format of writing a numerical range in texts of regulatory and technical documents. Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2007, no. 7, pp. 58–60. (In Russ.)

7. GOST 1.5-2001. Mezhgosudarstvennaya sistema standartizatsii. Standarty mezhgosudarstvennye, pravila i rekomendatsii po mezhgosudarstvennoy standartizatsii. Obshchie trebovaniya k postroeniyu, izlozheniyu, oformleniyu, soderzhaniyu i oboznacheniyu [Interstate System for Standardization. Interstate standards, rules and recommendations on interstate standardization. General requirements for structure, drafting, presentation, content and indication]. Moscow: Standartinform, 2010, 69 p. (In Russ.)

8. Snimshchikov S.V., Polyakova M.A., Limarev A.S., Kharitonov V.A. Development of a structure of norms for steel products based on a principle of advanced standardization. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2019, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 86–93. doi: 10.18503/1995-2732-2019-17-1-86-93

9. The concept of developing the national system of standardization in the Russian Federation till 2020. Approved by Order of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1762-р dated 24 September 2012. (In Russ.)

10. Terentieva R.P. Harmonized standards on products of resource-based industries. Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2004, no. 10, pp. 26–29. (In Russ.)

11. Brod B.E. Determining the level of harmonization of national standards. Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2010, no. 4, pp. 36–39. (In Russ.)

12. Tarasiev Yu.A., Dunaevskiy S.N. Harmonization of standards and technical regulations: what should it be? Standarty i kachestvo [Standards and Quality], 2014, no. 3, pp. 34–37. (In Russ.)