ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-4-12-23

Abstract

Problem Statement: A horizontal integration of gold mining enterprises of various production capacity solves the urgent problem of increasing gold production by developing deposits with a small stock of gold, as well as man-made waste with an economic effect. Objectives: Development of an organizational and technological approach to the joint development (for example, by a holding) of a group of geographically close gold-bearing facilities, differing in gold reserves, and operational synergy is achieved due to economies of scale. While maintaining production capacity and number of employees, specific investment, technological and organizational costs decrease; the holding brings in more aggregate value than operations of individual enterprises in total. Originality: The authors revealed and substantiated the joint processing of gold-bearing ores and man-made waste from alluvial gold mining, which made it possible to consider their mineral resource bases as reserves of a single deposit developed by the holding's enterprises, while reducing specific capital expenditure and operating cost by increasing the production capacity of the enterprise. Findings: The research proved high technological efficiency of gold recovery by flotation from an artificial charge made up of heavy concentrate separated from boulders and dredging waste by gravity concentration methods and ores of the primary gold deposit. The laboratory studies were used to simulate cash flows resulting from the joint processing of these georesources. The technology assessment criteria are net cash income and internal rate of return. Practical Relevance: The values of the economic criteria allow us to consider the joint processing of ores and placers of gold using the developed technological solutions as a cost-effective innovative project.

Keywords

Ore gold, technology-related placer, joint processing, gravity, flotation, economic assessment.

For citation

Evdokimov S.I., Gerasimenko T.E., Trotsenko I.G. Feasibility Study of the Joint Processing of Gold Ores and Placers. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2020, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 12–23. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-4-12-23

Igor G. Trotsenko – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor

North Caucasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (State Technical University), Vladikavkaz, Russia.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tatiana E. Gerasimenko – PhD (Eng.), Head of the Intellectual Property Office

North Caucasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (State Technical University), Vladikavkaz, Russia.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Sergey I. Evdokimov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor

1. Litvintsev V.S., Alekseev V.S., Vasyanovich Yu.A., Kradenykh I.A. The value of the integrated potential of technogenic alluvial deposits in the regions of the Russian Far East and a new strategic approach to their development. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)], 2019, no. 30, pp. 78–86. (In Russ.)

2. Litvintsev V.S., Alekseev V.S., Kradenykh I.A., Usikov V.I. Resource potential of technology-related gold placer deposits and the strategy of their large-scale development. Marksheideriya i nedropolzovanie [Mine Surveying and Subsoil Resources Management], 2017, no. 5, pp. 21–29. (In Russ.)

3. Chanturiya V.A. Prospects for sustainable development of the mining and processing industry in Russia. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2007, no. 2, pp. 2–9. (In Russ.)

4. Mikhailov B.K, Benevolskiy B.I, Vartanyan S.S Mineral resources of Russia. Ekonomika i upravlenie [Economics and Management], 2006, no.3, pp. 40–45. (In Russ.)

5. Van-Van-E A.P. Resursnaya baza prirodno-tekhnogennykh zolotorossypnykh mestorozhdeniy [Resource base of natural and technology-related gold placer deposits]. Moscow: Mining Books, 2010, 268 p. (In Russ.)

6. Mamaev Yu.A., Litvintsev V.S., Ponomarchuk G.P. Tekhnogennye rossypi blagorodnykh metallov Dalnevostochnogo regiona Rossii i ikh ratsionalnoe osvoenie [Technogenic placers of noble metals in the Far East region of Russia and their rational development]. Moscow: Mining Books, 2010, 309 p. (In Russ.)

7. Makarov V.A. Gold of technology-related mineral facilities: resources and difficulties of the geological and technological assessment. Zoloto i tekhnologii [Gold and Technologies], 2011, no. 3(13), pp. 25–28. (In Russ.)

8. Evdokimov S.I., Gerasimenko T.E., Dmitrak Yu.V. Elimination of accumulated environmental damage. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy [Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories], 2019, vol.11, no. 2, pp. 238–248. (In Russ.)

9. Evdokimov S.I., Dmitrak Yu.V., Gerasimenko T.E. Utilization of aged clinker of OJSC Electrozinc. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy [Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories], 2020, vol.12, no. 2(44), pp. 291–301. (In Russ.)

10. Evdokimov S.I., Gerasimenko T.E., Dmitrak Yu.V., Baimatov K.K. The organizational mechanism and technology for the development of alluvial gold mining waste. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy [Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories], 2020, vol.12, no. 1(43), pp. 116–128. (In Russ.)

11. Mirzekhanov G.S., Litvintsev V.S., Alekseev V.S. Prospects for large-scale development of technology-related alluvial deposits of noble metals. Marksheideriya i nedropolzovanie [Mine Surveying and Subsoil Resources Management], 2019, no. 6, pp. 22–30. (In Russ.)

12. Litvintsev V.S. The main directions of the strategy for the development of technology-related ore and placer deposits of noble metals. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2013, no. 10, pp. 38–41. (In Russ.)

13. Kradenykh I.A., Litvintsev V.S. The role of management in the economic activity of gold mining enterprises. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)], 2018, no. 1, pp. 200–206. (In Russ.)

14. Mirzekhanov G.S., Litvintsev V.S. State and difficulties of development of technology-related placer deposits of noble metals in the Far East region. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2018, no. 10, pp. 25–30. (In Russ.)

15. Litvintsev V.S. Resource potential of placers spoil dumps. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznykh iskopayemykh [Journal of Mining Sciences], 2013, no.1, pp. 118–126. (In Russ.)

16. Gavrishev S.E., Kornilov S.N., Pytalev I.A., Gaponova I.V. Increasing the economic efficiency of mining enterprises by involving technology-related georesources in operation. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal], 2017, no. 12, pp. 46–51. (In Russ.)

17. Sergeev I.B., Ponomarenko T.V. Formation and assessment of synergistic effects in the integration of mining companies. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)], 2013, no. 7, pp. 316–323. (In Russ.)

18. Izhevskiy V.L., Kononov V.N. Strategic aspects of managing the consolidated processes of groups of companies. Ekonomicheskiy analiz: teoriya i praktika [Economic Analysis: Theory and Practice], 2017, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1061–1081. (In Russ.)

19. Kradenykh I.A., Barchukov A.V. Formation of synergistic effects in the horizontal integration of gold mining enterprises. Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom [Management in Russia and Abroad], 2016, no. 5, pp. 81–88. (In Russ.)

20. Kradenykh I.A. Assessment of the economic efficiency of gold mining enterprises taking into account the influencing factors. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)], 2017, no. 24, pp. 390–401. (In Russ.)

21. Sampson T. Dynamic selection: an idea flows theory of entry, trade, and growth. The Quarterly Journal of Economics. 2016, vol. 131, no. 1, pp. 315-380.

22. Arcolakis C. A unified theory of firm selection and growth. The Quarterly Journal of Economics. 2016, vol. 131, no. 1, pp. 89–156.

23. Schwab K. Chetvertaya promyshlennaya revolyutsiya [The Fourth Industrial Revolution]. Moscow: Eksmo, 2018, 288 p. (In Russ.)

24. Romanova O.A. The innovation paradigm of new industrialization in the context of the formation of an integral world economic order. Ekonomika regiona [Economy of Region], 2017, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 276–289. (In Russ.)

25. Samsonov N.Yu., Yagolnitser M.A. Gruppovaya razrabotka malykh zolotorudnykh mestorozhdeniy [Group development of small gold ore deposits]. Novosibirsk: IEIE SB RAN, 2012, 240 p. (In Russ.)

26. Lobanov V.G., Ageev N.G., Menshchikov V.A., Nabiullin F.M., Nacharov V.B. Smelting of gravitational concentrates on the internal collector. Izv. Vuzov. Tsvetnaya metallurgiya. Spetsvypusk. [Universities’ Proceedings. Nonferrous Metallurgy. Special issue], 2015, pp. 35–39. (In Russ.)

27. Pelikh V.V., Salov V.M. Study on the processing of gravity concentrates on the Acacia intensive cyanidation module. Vestnik IrGTU [Proceedings of Irkutsk State Technical University], 2013, no. 7(78), pp. 41–47. (In Russ.)

28. Aleksandrova T.N., Aleksandrov A.V., Litvinova N.M., Bogomyakov R.V. Study on the development of technology-related waste dump of alluvial gold mining using the methods of “ore” technology. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)], 2013, no. 3, pp. 65–70. (In Russ.)

29. Litvintsev V.S., Alekseev V.S., Alekseeva E.V. Software complex for the optimal location of the concentration plant during the development of adjacent placer deposits of minerals. Marksheideriya i nedropolzovanie [Mine Surveying and Subsoil Resources Management], 2019, no. 4, pp. 47–51. (In Russ.)

30. Zaitsev A.Yu. Estimated value of gold deposits. Zapiski Gornogo instituta [Journal of the Mining Institute], 2018, vol. 233, pp. 547–553. (In Russ.)