ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-1-71-79

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance): The paper analyzes tension formation on the tension leveller (TL) of the continuous pickling line of the wide-strip cold rolling mill at PJSC MMK. Mathematical models were developed to identify a relation between the operating electric drives of TL and the parameters of strips and complex planetary gearboxes. Objectives: To ensure a steady operation of TL due to a correct setting of electric drive torque and speed parameters for various strip grades. Methods Applied: Collection and processing of experimental data on the distribution of strip tension in TL and adjacent tension stations by oscillographic testing of torques and speeds of electric drives; mathematical modelling of speed and power parameters on the drive shafts of TL. Novelty: It lies in the development of a mathematical description of the actual strip elongation depending on a bridle roll diameter; the mathematical model shows a relation between strip tension and the set strip thickness, between loads of the main drive and the lengthening drive. Findings: It was found that the actual strip elongation can vary in a wide range from 1.5% to 3.1%. Some average value of 2.3% can be achieved by changing roll diameters in a fairly narrow range. It was found that a change in diameter of 1 mm causes a change in the actual elongation of approximately 0.1%. By analyzing changes in back and front strip tension in the function of the main drive motor load and the lengthening drive, the authors worked out the formulas to calculate the strip tension on the TL section. It is established that the load of the lengthening drive directly determines the strip tension before entering TL. Practical Relevance: The resulting dependencies used to calculate speed and power parameters of electric drives make it possible to correct the set speed of electric drives of TL to maintain the specified elongation and avoid unacceptable loads of planetary gear elements for various strip grades.

Keywords

Continuous pickling line, tension leveller, strip tension, planetary gear, electric drive, mathematical model, lengthening drive

For citation

Kornilov G.P., Filatova O.A., Filatov A.M., Khramshin T.R., Khramshin R.R. Studying Drives of the Tension Leveller on the Continuous Pickling Line of the Cold Rolling Mill. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2020, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 71–79. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2020-18-1-71-79

Gennadiy P. Kornilov – DrSc (Eng.), Professor

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Olga A. Filatova – PhD (Eng.)

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Anatoliy M. Filatov – PhD (Eng.)

Timur R. Khramshin – PhD (Eng.)

Rifkhat R. Khramshin – PhD (Eng.)

1. Sufyanov D.V., Ogarkov N.N., Murzaeva E.A., Kurban V.V., Denisov S.V. Theoretical research on how hot-rolled strips pass through a tension leveler/scale breaker of a continuous pickling line. Proizvodstvo prokata [Manufacturing of rolled products], 2012, no. 10, pp. 31–34. (In Russ.)

2. Kornilov V.L., Kunitsyn G.A., Dyakonov V.A., Budanov A.P., Poletskov P.P. Optimization of the settings of the straightening machine for efficient scale breaking. Stal [Steel], 2009, no. 10, pp. 77–78. (In Russ.)

3. Devyatchenko L.D., Mayachenko E.P. Operation of an extension and bending machine in scale removal from hot-rolled strip. Steel in translation, 2013, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 59–63.

4. Daniel Magura, Viliam Fedák, Padmanaban Sanjeevikumar, Karol Kyslan. Tension controllers for a strip tension levelling line. Advances in Systems, Control and Automation, 2018, pp 33–44.

5. Poletskov P.P. On the change in profile and flatness parameters of rolled steel sheets during tension leveling. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2011, no. 3 (35), pp. 60–62. (In Russ.)

6. Selivanov I.A., Salganik V.M., Gun I.G., Petukhova O.I., Mamleeva Yu.I. Research on control systems of a continuous rolling mill using a mathematical model. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2013, no. 3 (35), pp. 11–14. (In Russ.)

7. Rumyantsev M.I., Zelinov I.D., Novitsky I.O., Zelinova Yu.A. Improving a model for setting the tension leveler/scale breaker for the automated design of speed on a continuous pickling line combined with the rolling mill. Tekhnicheskie nauki - ot teorii k praktike [Engineering - from theory to practice], 2015, no. 53, pp. 122–130. (In Russ.)

8. Magura, D. Kyslan, K. Padmanaban, S. Fedák, V. Distribution of the strip tensions with slip control in strip processing lines. Energies 2019, 12, 3010.

9. Mathieu, N., Potier-Ferry, M., Zahrouni, H. Reduction of flatness defects in thin metal sheets by a pure tension leveler. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, volume 122, March 2017, 267–276.

10. Zhang, J., Zhou, C.L., Li, H.B, Zhang, X. C. and Li, M. Influence of Tension Leveling Parameters on the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Steel Strip. JOM 69 (2017), 937–941.

11. Nigam, Aditya, Jain, Sandeep. Modelling and structural analysis of planetary geared winch. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), volume 4, January 2015, 330–333.