ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

Abstract

This paper considers the issue of predicting the reliability parameters of the dipper handle. Durability – or, mean life – was taken for the main indicator of reliability. The aim of this research was to substantiate the calculated dependences that help determine the numerical characteristics of the dipper handle life by means of physical reliability theory. The authors developed formulas to calculate the average handle life on the basis of measured or calculated loads and, consequently, the stresses arising in the handle. The latter are represented by a random value, which reflects the operating conditions of mining excavators and determines the random nature of the handle life. Accordingly, it was necessary to estimate possible deviation of the service life value from the average value. To estimate the spread of the service life values, the authors proposed a method for calculating the dispersion and the mean square deviation by linearization of the random arguments function. This resulted in a method for calculating the numerical values of the dipper handle life accounting for the random nature of this parameter, as well as the changing operating conditions. The authors provide an example of calculated service life of the EKG-5A excavator handle. The measured stresses experienced by the dipper handles at the mining site of Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works were taken as the initial data for the calculations. The authors used similar data to carry out a numerical computer experiment following the Monte Carlo method. The numerical characteristics of the dipper handle life determined through linearization of the random arguments function and by the Monte Carlo method prove to be consistent with the respective statistics referring to the mine excavators operated by the mining site of Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works.

Keywords

Reliability, durability, life, excavator, handle, failure, stresses.

Vladimir S. Velikanov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Professor

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia

Olga R. Panfilova – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Igor G. Usov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia

1. Velikanov V.S., Usov I.G., Abdrakhmanov A.A., Usov I.I. Modeling and optimization of mining machine operation modes with MATLAB. Gornyj zhurnal [Mining journal]. 2017, no. 12, pp. 78–81. (In Russ.)

2. Olizarenko V.V. Osnovy ehkspluatacii gornyh mashin i oborudovaniya [Basic operation of mining machinery and equipment]. Magnitogorsk: NMGTU, 2008, 188 p. (In Russ.)

3. Vujich S., Zajich V., Milyanovich I., Petrovski A. Optimal dynamic management of the operating life of mining machinery. Part I. Models with an interval of unlimited duration. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznyh iskopaemyh [Physical and technical problems of mining]. 2010, no. 4, pp. 66–74. (In Russ.)

4. Krunich D.Ya., Vujich S., Tanasievich M., Dimitrievich B., Shubaranovich T., Ilich S., Maksimovich S. Simulation approaches to assessing the life cycle of auxiliary machines with the case study of a coal mine in Serbia. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznyh iskopaemyh [Physical and technical problems of mining]. 2018, no. 3, pp. 51–61. (In Russ.)

5. Panfilova O.R., Velikanov V.S., Usov I.G., Matsko E.Yu., Kutlubaev I.M. Service life design for the structural and functional elements of mining machines. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznyh iskopaemyh [Physical and technical problems of mining]. 2018, no. 2, pp. 43–51. (In Russ.)

6. Gerike B.L., Gerike P.B., Kozlovsky G.I. Diagnostika gornyh mashin i oborudovaniya [Diagnostics of mining machines and equipment]. Moscow: IPO “U Nikitskikh vorot”, 2012, 400 p. (In Russ.)

7. Letova T.I., Petinov S.V. Assessing the fatigue life of cruciform weld joints transmitting loads. Inzhenerno-stroitelny zhurnal [Magazine of civil engineering]. 2013, no. 3 (38), pp. 51–58. (In Russ.)

8. Petinov S.V., Guchinsky R.V. Fatigue assessment of ship superstructure at expansion joint. Transactions of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects Part A: International Journal of Maritime Engineering. 2013. V. 155. No. A4, pp. A201–A209.

9. Guchinsky R.V., Petinov S.V. Fatigue design of expansion joint in ship superstructure. Proceedings of the International Summer school-conference "Advanced problems in mechanics 2013" 2013, pp. 420–431.

10. Guchinsky R.V., Petinov S.V., Siddik Sh., Imran M., Valter F. Predicting the fatigue life of metals taking into account the microstructural heterogeneity. Nauchno-tekhnicheskie vedomosti Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Saint Petersburg State Polytechnic University]. 2015, no. 4 (231), pp. 134–143. (In Russ.)

11. Petinov S.V., Guchinsky R.V., Sidorenko V.G. The damage identity in fatigue assessment of structures. Inzhenerno-stroitelnyj zhurnal [Magazine of civil engineering]. 2016, no. 1 (61), pp. 82–88.

12. Chichinadze A.V., Berliner E.M., Brauni E.D. et al. Trenie, iznos i smazka (tribologiya i tribotekhnika) [Friction, wear and lubrication (tribology and tribo-engineering)]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2003, 576 p. (In Russ.)

13. V.V. Klyuev, V.V. Bolotin, F.R. Sosnin et al. Mashinostroenie. Entsiklopediya. T IV-3. Nadezhnost mashin [Mechanical engineering. Encyclopedia. Vol. IV-3. Machine reliability]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2003, 592 p. (In Russ.)

14. Khalikova O.R. Metodologiya postroeniya i vedeniya bazy dannyh metallurgicheskogo oborudovaniya: dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Methodology: How to build and maintain a database of metallurgical equipment. PhD dissertation]. Magnitogorsk, 2009, 128 p.

15. Sharipov R.Kh. Izuchenie vliyaniya skorosti podiema kovsha na dolgovechnost rukoyati s zubchato-reechnym naporom (na primere EHKG-5A): dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Understanding how the bucket lifting speed can impact the durability of the handle with a rack and pinion head (case study of the EKG-5A model): PhD dissertation]. Ekaterinburg, 2011, 131 p.

16. Rakitsky A.A. Fatigue strength of machine parts with thermal spray powder coatings under cyclic tension / compression. Vestnik Baranovichskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Tekhnicheskie nauki [Bulletin of Baranovichi State University. Series: Engineering sciences]. 2016, no. 4, pp. 62–67. (In Russ.)

17. Rakitsky A.A. Predicting the operational life of mobile machines based on the results of randomized bench tests. Vestnik Polotskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya V: Promyshlennost. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Bulletin of Polotsk State University. Series B: Industry. Engineering sciences]. 2016, no. 3, pp. 38–43. (In Russ.)

18. Velikanov V.S., Dyorina N.V., Panfilova O.R. Stability of a mine excavator with a variable cab position. MATEC Web Conference, 224 (2018) 02010 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201822402010

19. Antsupov A.V., Antsupov A.V., Antsupov V.P. Designed assessment of machine element reliability due to efficiency criteria. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013, no. 5 (45), pp. 62–66.

20. Kutlubaev I.M., Makarov A.N., Usov I.G., Panfilova O.R. Structural representation of multi-engine machines for defining the reliability indicators. Sovremennye metody konstruirovaniya i tekhnologii metallurgicheskogo mashinostroeniya: Mezhdunarodnyj sb. nauch. tr. pod red. N.N. Ogarkova [Advanced design techniques and metallurgical engineering technology: International research papers, ed. by N. N. Ogarkov]. Magnitogorsk: GOU VPO “MGTU”, 2006, pp. 83–87. (In Russ.)

21. Kutlubaev I.M., Makarov A.N., Usov I.G., Khalikova O.R. Electronic database for maintenance and repair of metallurgical equipment. Remont. Vosstanovlenie. Modernizatsiya [Repair. Rebuilding. Revamping]. 2008, no. 3, pp. 37–41. (In Russ.)

22. Makarov A.N., Khalikova O.R. Estimating the service life of bearings accounting for the random nature of operating conditions. Remont. Vosstanovlenie. Modernizatsiya [Repair. Rebuilding. Revamping]. 2008, no. 11, pp. 43–45. (In Russ.)

23. Velikanov V.S., Usov I.G., Matsko E.Yu., Panfilova O.R. Gornye i stroitelnye mashiny. Elektronnyj resurs [Mining and construction machines. E-source]. State registration no. 0321802907. Magnitogorsk, 2018, volume 2. (In Russ.)

24. Makarov A.N. Teoreticheskie osnovy postroeniya, metody rascheta i konstruirovanie manipulyacionnyh ustrojstv metallurgicheskogo proizvodstva: dis. ... dokt. tekhn. nauk [Design of handling machinery for metallurgical application: Theoretical basis and methods. Doctoral dissertation]. Magnitogorsk, 1996, 350 p.

25. Makarov A.N., Kutlubaev I.M., Usov I.G. Osnovy mekhaniki mnogodvigatelnyh mashin [Basic mechanics of multi-engine machines]. Magnitogorsk: NMGTU, 2006, 194 p. (In Russ.)

26. Makarov A.N., Kutlubaev I.M. Synthesized structure of multi-engine machines with kinematics of the key functional elements. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2006, no. 1 (13), pp. 37–42. (In Russ.)

27. Mashinostroenie. Entsiklopediya. T. IV-1. Detali mashin. Konstruktsionnaya prochnost. Trenie, iznos, smazka [Mechanical engineering. Encyclopedia. Vol. IV-1. Machine parts. Structural strength. Friction, wear, lubrication]. Editor-in-chief: D.N. Reshetov. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1995, 864 p. (In Russ.)

28. Venttsel E.S. Teoriya veroyatnostej: ucheb. dlya vuzov [Probability theory: Textbook for university students]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 2002, 575 p. (In Russ.)

29. Petinov S.V., Guchinsky R.V. On calculating the durability of tubular structures (eng). Inzhenerno-stroitelnyj zhurnal [Magazine of civil engineering]. 2013, no. 1 (36), pp. 39–47.

30. Kramarenko T.G. Understanding the Monte Carlo method in application to probability theory and mathematical statistics. Novye kompyuternye tekhnologii [New computer technologies]. 2016, vol. 14, no. 1 (14), pp. 28–29.