ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

Abstract

Problem Statement: This article describes the results of a study into the electromagnetic processes that take place in series motors energized from static inverters. The article also describes the nonlinear functional dependences obtained between the parameters of the mentioned systems and the shaft load and the motor speed. The authors point out why it is important to account for the nonlinear parameters when determining the overall stability of the system and when combining optimal controls. Objectives: The objectives include a functional and parametric synthesis of controls based on dynamic correction of the system ensuring stability and enabling system optimization. Methods Applied: The methods used in this study include a spectral method by Solodovnikov, a dynamic programming method, Matlab Simulink simulation, as well as experimental studies. Originality: The authors propose a nonlinear dynamic correction technique for the ‘inverter-series motor’ system. The technique is based on the functional dependencies of the system coordinates and ensures that the preset dynamic characteristics are reached. Findings: The article contains data indicating a significant impact (causing a 6 to 7 times change in the parameters) produced by the current motor speed. There are also given approximated dependences (with an error of up to 2%) which help form a correction signal using standard linear circuits. Practical Relevance: The results of the study can be useful in the development of electric drive systems for application in electric tools and traction motors, as they can help ensure optimum performance and minimum losses in dynamic modes.

Keywords

Electromagnetic process, series motor, static inverter, Matlab Simulink simulation.

Min Thu Aung – Postgraduate Student

Komsomolsk-on-Amur State Technical University, Komsomolsk-on-Amur, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Viktor I. Suzdorf – Ph.D. (Eng.), Professor

Komsomolsk-on-Amur State Technical University, Komsomolsk-on-Amur, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Petrov Yu.P. Optimalnoe upravlenie elektroprivodom [Optimal actuator]. Moscow: Gosudarstvennoe energeticheskoe izdatelstvo, 1961, 188 p. (In Russ.)

2. Dementiev Yu.N., Kaftasiev D.A., Meshkov A.S., Suzdorf V.I. Improved energy efficiency of medical instruments and devices. V sbornike: Intellektualnye energosistemy. Trudy II Mezhdunarodnogo molodezhnogo foruma [Smart grids. Proceedings of the 2nd International Youth Forum]. 2014, pp. 103-110. (In Russ.)

3. Meshkov A.S., Suzdorf V.I. Energy efficiency electric tools. Sb. nauchno-issledovatelskikh rabot finalistov konkursa aspirantov i molodykh uchenykh v oblasti energosberezheniya v promyshlennosti [Proceedings of the final competition among students and young researchers who study energy efficiency in industrial applications]. Novocherkassk: Lik, 2010, pp. 49-53. (In Russ.)

4. Kagan V.G., Lebedev G.V., Malinin L.I. Semiconductor systems with series motors. Moscow: Energiya, 1971, 96 p. (In Russ.)

5. Susdorf V. I., Dementiev Y. N., Negodin K. N., Min Aung Tu. Energy Saving Control of Series Excitation Motor. MATEC Web Conf. 91 01045 (2017)

6. Dementiev Yu.N., Kaftasiev D.A., Meshkov A.S., Suzdorf V.I. Smart grids. Proceedings of the 2nd International Youth Forum, 2014, pp. 103-110.

7. Meshkov A.S., Suzdorf V.I. Energy efficiency electric tools. Sb. nauchno-issledovatelskikh rabot finalistov konkursa aspirantov i molodykh uchenykh v oblasti energosberezheniya v promyshlennosti [Proceedings of the final competition among students and young researchers who study energy efficiency in industrial applications], Novocherkassk: Lik, 2010, pp. 49-53. (In Russ.)

8. Alekhin A.E., Dementiev Yu.N., Suzdorf V.I. Elektroprivod postoyannogo toka s dvigatelem posledovatelnogo vozbuzhdeniya [DC drive with a series motor]. Patent RF, no. 1676418, 1990.

9. Bellman M.Kh. Perekhodnye protsessy v mikrodvigatelyakh postoyannogo toka pri impulsnom pitanii [Transients in the DC micro motors with pulse power. Leningrad: Energy, 1975. 134 p. (In Russ.)

10. Meshkov A.S, Susdorf V.I., Dementiev N.Y., Kartashev D.A. Energy efficiency improvement of medical electric tools and devices. The 2nd International Youth Forum “Smart Grids”, MATEC Web of Conferences, Volume 19, 2014, Published online: 15 December 2014. (In Russ.)

11. Meshkov A.S., Suzdorf V.I., Grinkrug M.S. Shaping the characteristics of low power drives. Vestnik Priamurskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta im. Sholom-Aleykhema [Bulletin of the Sholem Aleichem Amur State University], 2014, no. 4(17), pp. 61-71

12. Meshkov A.S., Suzdorf V.I. Low power electric drive with improved energy efficiency. Vestnik Tikhookeanskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Pacific National University], 2013, no. 1(28), pp. 115 – 124.

13. Meshkov A.S., Suzdorf V.I. Ustroystvo dlya stabilizatsii chastoty vrashcheniya odnofaznogo kollektornogo elektrodvigatelya [Single-phase commutator motor speed stabiliser]. Patent RF, no. 2444838, 2012.