ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

Abstract

Dynamic loading of machine drives produces oscillations which may cause a failure. Dangerous oscillations can occur both in unsteady and steady motion states. In the case of steady motion, dangerous oscillations mainly arise when either the driving mass or the driven mass are subject to regular loads within non-equilibrium systems. A jaw crusher would be an example of a non-equilibrium system. In cyclic loading machines, especially when crushing hard metal ingots, the loads can often be close to impact loads, which creates high dynamic loads in the machines. The level of oscillating loads in these machines is extremely high, which leads to various failures and breakdowns. The causes include overloads and fatigue failures caused by dynamic loads, which can be 2.5 to 3 times higher than the operating loads. To study the oscillations of a drive system one should determine the natural frequency and compare it with the exciting force frequency. To not let the deformation f reach the critical point, the resonance transition should go fast. The actual angular velocity should be at least 30% higher or lower than the speed that corresponds to the resonance (critical) state. For example, traditional jaw crushers run in the pre-resonance zone of up to n ≈ 300 RPM, whereas the Krupp impact jaw crushers operate in the post-resonance zone of up to n ≥ 500 RPM and are equipped with powerful vibration absorbers. In terms of dynamics, the jaw crusher with a simple swing jaw is a better machine than a crusher with a complex swing jaw. Greater rigidity of the crusher toggle and a heavier movable jaw can help reduce the oscillations. This practically means that, if necessary, the front toggle can be reinforced and the movable jaw can be made heavier. The movable jaw in a simple swing crusher acts as a dynamic vibration absorber.

Keywords

Dynamic loading, oscillations, actuator, steady motion, resonance zone, crushing, non-equilibrium system, dynamic absorber.

Zhanabergen I. Kuzbakov – D.Sc. (Eng.), Associate Professor

Zhubanov Aktobe Regional State University, Aktobe, Kazakhstan. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gennadyi D. Pershin – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Anatoly D. Kolga – D.Sc. (Eng), Professor

Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID: 0000-0002-3194-2274

1. Timoshenko S.P. Kolebaniya v inzhenernom dele [Vibration in engineering]. Moscow, Fizmatgiz, 1959. (In Russ.)

2. Terskikh V.P. Raschety krutilnyh kolebanij silovyh ustanovok [The calculations of the torsional vibrations of power plants]. Moscow, Mashgiz, 1953, 256 p. (In Russ.)

3. Babakov I.M. Teoriya kolebaniy [Theory of vibration]. Moscow, 1968, 560 p. (In Russ.)

4. Biderman V.P. Prikladnaya teoriya mekhanicheskikh kolebanij [The applied theory of mechanical vibrations]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1972, 416 p. (In Russ.)

5. Veits V.L. Dinamika mashinnykh agregatov [Machine dynamics]. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie, 1969, 367 p. (In Russ.)

6. Shmidt G. Parametricheskiye kolebaniya [Parametric oscillations]. Moscow: Mir, 1978, 336 p. (In Russ.)

7. Shigley J.E. Dynamic analysis of machines. New York, 1961.

8. Vulfson I.P. Kolebaniya mashin s mekhanizmami tsiklovogo dejstviya [Oscillations of cyclic machines]. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie, 1990, 309 p. (In Russ.)

9. Yudin K.M. Dynamic study of model clearance mechanisms. Mashinovedenie, 1971, no. 2, pp. 58–60. (In Russ.)

10. Ivanov A.P. Dinamika sistem s mekhanicheskimi soudareniyami [Dynamics of the systems with mechanical collisions]. Moscow: Mezhdunarodnaya programma obrazovaniya, 1997, 336 p. (In Russ.)

11. Nachaev R.F. Mekhanicheskie processy s povtornymi zatuhayushchimi soudareniyami [Mechanical processes with repeated attenuated impacts]. Moscow: Nauka, 1977, 232 p. (In Russ.)

12. Klushantsev B.V., Kosarev A.I., Muyzemnek Yu.A. Konstrukciya, raschet, osobennosti ekspluatatcii [Crushers. Design, calculation, operation]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1990, 320 p. (In Russ.)

13. Komarov M.S. Dinamika mekhanizmov i mashin [Dynamics of mechanisms and machines]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1969, 296 p. (In Russ.)

14. Ivanchenko F.K., Krasnoshapka V.A. Dinamika metallurgicheskikh mashin [Dynamics of metallurgical machines]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1983, 295 p. (In Russ.)

15. Kuzbakov Zh.I. The vibration of the jaw crusher drive and ways to isolate it. Vestnik mashinostroeniya [Bulletin of Mechanical Engineering]. 2014, no. 9, pp. 24-27. (In Russ.)

16. Kuzbakov Zh.I. Reducing the dynamic load on the frame of a jaw crusher when working with hard materials. Austrian Journal of Technical and Natural Sciences. Scientific journal, no. 1–2, 2015 (January-February), Vienna, 2015, pp. 55–58. (In Russ.)

17. Sokolovskiy V.I., Kazak S.A., Kirpichnikov B.M., Sustavov M.I. Dinamika krupnykh mashin [Dynamics of big machines]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1969, 512 p. (In Russ.)

18. Kolga A.D., Aybashev D.M. Possible ways to reduce loads in jaw crushers. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. Magnitogorsk, 2013, no. 4, pp. 77-80. (In Russ.)

19. Kolga A.D., Aybashev D.M. Drobilka shhekovaya [Jaw crusher]. Patent RF, no. 144640, 2014.

20. Kuzbakov Zh.I., Franchuk V.P., Fedoskina E.V. On the applicability of energy-efficient equipment in the production of ferro-materials. Trudy VIII Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii. Energoeffektivnye i resursosberegayushchie tekhnologii v promyshlennosti [Proceedings of the VIII International Conference. Energy-efficient and resource-saving technologies in industry]. Moscow: MISiS, 2016, pp. 86–91. (In Russ.)