ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-2-98-106

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance). The development of modern technologies sets new and higher requirements for physical and mechanical properties of polymer composite materials that are widely used in the nodes of tribosystems. This determines relevance of the task of creating new tribotechnical polymer topocomposites with high physical, mechanical and tribotechnical properties. However, the production of metallized coatings on the surface of polytetrafluoroethylene requires the study of physical phenomena and processes, accompanying the energy effect on the polymer material. The main aim is to study the features of structural phase transformations of the surface and near-surface layers, as well as the evolution of morphology and the composition of nanostructured PTFE-based topocomposites under ion-plasma and laser treatment. Methods Applied. To solve this problem, a molybdenum layer was deposited on the polymer surface by magnetron sputtering followed by laser treatment. Originality. Structural phase and morphological aspects were originally studied in the formation of topocomposites based on polytetrafluoroethylene under various conditions of laser exposure. It is established that laser exposure on the molybdenum film results in a change in the ratio of concentrations of the surface elemental composition, entailing a lower ratio of the number of molybdenum and oxygen atoms. The analysis of the chemical composition of the molybdenum film showed the presence of metallic molybdenum, molybdenum (II) oxide and molybdenum (III) oxide.It has been found that with an increase in the energy density of laser radiation, the fraction of higher molybdenum oxide MoO3 on the surface increases. Result. The evolution of surface morphology and changes in the structural phase state of near-surface layers were studied. The effects of laser exposure associated with the formation of crystalline particles were established. Practical Relevance. The formation of molybdenum oxides in the coating composition is a positive factor that improves the antifriction properties and working capacity of the metal-polymer tribosystems.

Keywords

polytetrafluoroethylene, morphology, structural phase state, nanostructured topocomposites, ion-plasma sputtering, laser implantation.

For citation

Teploukhov A.A., Poleshchenko K.N., Nesov S.N., Semenyuk N.A., Seropyan G.M., Sychev S.A., Lasitsa A.M., Churankin V.G. Features of Structural Phase and Morphological Changes of the Surface of PTFE-Based Topocomposites Exposed to Ion-Plasma and Laser Impact.Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 98–106. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-2-98-106

Teploukhov A.A. Omsk State Technical University, Omsk, Russia

Poleshchenko K.N. Siberian State Automobile and Highway University, Omsk, Russia

Nesov S.N. Omsk State Technical University, Omsk, Russia

Semenyuk N.A. Omsk State Technical University, Omsk, Russia

Seropyan G.M. Siberian State Automobile and Highway University, Omsk, Russia

Sychev S.A. Dostoevsky Omsk State University, Omsk, Russia

Lasitsa A.M. Omsk State Technical University, Omsk, Russia

Churankin V.G. Dostoevsky Omsk State University, Omsk, Russia

1. Korobov M.S., Yurkov G.Yu., KozinkinA.V. etal. A novel nanomaterial: metal-containing polytetrafluoroethylene. Neorganicheskiematerialy[InorganicMaterials], 2004, no. 40(1), pp. 31–40. (InRuss.)

2. Lomovsky O.I., Politov A.A., Dudina D.V. et al. Mechanochemical methods for producing metal-ceramics-polytetrafluoroethylene composite materials. Khimiya v interesakh ustoychivogo razvitiya [Chemistry for Sustainable Development], 2004, no. 12, pp. 619–626. (In Russ.)

3. Mashkov Yu.K., Kropotin O.V., Chemisenko O.V. Development and research of a polymer nanocomposite for metal polymer friction units. Omsky nauchny vestnik [Omsk Scientific Bulletin], 2014, vol. 133 (3), pp. 64–66. (In Russ.)

4. Laput O.A., Kurzina I.A., Pukhova I.V. Modification of the surface of polyvinyl alcohol and polytetrafluoroethylene by ion implantation. Materialy i tekhnologii novykh pokoleniy v sovremennom materialovedenii: sbornik trudov mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii. [Materials and technologies of new generations in modern materials science: Proceedings of the International Conference, June 9–11, 2016]. Tomsk: Publishing House of Tomsk Polytechnic University], 2016, pp. 250–256. (In Russ.)

5. Adamenko N.A., Kazurov A.V., Savin D.V. et al. Research on the structure formation in polytetrafluoroethylene filled with aluminum after explosive pressing. Materialovedenie [Materials Science], 2021, no 4, pp. 26–32. (In Russ.)

6. Pukhova I.V. Modification of the PTFE surface by ion-beam exposure. Sbornik dokladov XIV Mezhdunarodnoy shkoly-seminara «Evolyutsiya defektnykh struktur v kondensirovannykh sredakh» (EDS – 2016) [Collection of reports of the 14th International School-Seminar "Evolution of defective structures in condensed media" (EDS–2016), September 12–17, 2016. Barnaul: Publishing House of Altai State Technical University], 2016, p. 141. (In Russ.)

7. Vasenina I.V. et. al Effects of ion- and electron-beam treatment on surface physicochemical properties of polytetrafluoroethylene. Surface and Coatings Technology, 2018, vol. 334, pp. 134–141.

8. Rogachev A.A., Luchnikov A.P., Yarmolenko M.A. et al. Features of the structure formation of nanoscale polytetrafluoroethylene coatings during deposition from the gas phase. Nanomaterialy i nanostruktury - XXI vek [Nanomaterials and Nanostructures – the 21st Century], 2015, no. 1, pp. 29–40. (In Russ.)

9. Mashkov Yu.K., Poleshchenko K.N., Eremin E.N. et al. Producing a layered reinforced polytetrafluoroethylene-based nanocomposite by laser ablation and ion-plasma modification. Uprochnyayushchie tekhnologii i pokrytiya [Hardening Technologies and Coatings], 2020, vol. 16, no. 12(192), pp. 531–538. (In Russ.)

10. Bondarev A.V., Kiryukhantsev-Korneev F.V., Shtansky D.V. Solid wear-resistant coatings TiAlSiCN/MoSeC with a low coefficient of friction at room and elevated temperatures. Izvestiya vuzov. Poroshkovaya metallurgiya i funktsionalnye pokrytiya [Universities’ Proceedings. Powder Metallurgy and Functional Coatings], 2013, no. 4, pp. 60–67. (In Russ.)

11. Oshikawa K., Nagai M., Omi S. Characterization of molybdenum carbides for methane reforming by TPR, XRD, and XPS. J. Phys. Chem. B, 2001, vol. 105, pp. 9124–9131.