ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-2-53-61

Abstract

Relevance. Today, despite the slowdown in the consumption growth per year, the ideas of a metallurgical mini-plant continue their development.Objective. The research is aimed at developing the concept of the metallurgical mini-plant using secondary steel as a raw material. Methods Applied. The paper presents an overview of the state of mini-plants in the Russian Federation and in the world, as well as the classification of these factories. The research provides for development of the idea for the mini-plant. In the course of the research, it was decided to choose used rails as raw materials, and the products would include reinforcing steel and/or grinding balls. The manufacturing process under consideration included the following operations: heating rails for rerolling, rerolling rails into a billet and rolling billets into finished products. Several heating types were analyzed, and the most favorable one was selected subject to the criteria. A process flow chart was developed for such heating type, indicating its special features. Rerolling was considered with a process of rail separation into 2 or 3 parts. There was a schedule of the rolling mill section, its composition and technical characteristics. Result. The data were used to design a preliminary equipment layout at the industrial site for the specified mini-plant. Practical Relevance. The resulting production line is highly environmentally friendly, because electric current from hydroelectric power stations is used as a main source of energy, and the technology of secondary scrap remelting is not used. The developed technology has a favorable prospect of implementation in the current economic conditions, especially for areas with many railroad tracks.

Keywords

reinforcing steel, secondary steel, induction heating, grinding balls, mini-plant, rolling, rail steel, used rails.

For citation

Ishmetev M.E., Nazarov D.A., Levandovskiy S.A., Moller A.B., Tulupov O.N.An Example of a Mini-Plant Using Secondary Steel as a Raw Material.Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 53–61. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-2-53-61

Ishmetev M.E. Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia

Nazarov D.A. Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia

Levandovskiy S.A. Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia

Moller A.B. Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia

Tulupov O.N. Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia

1. DANIELIGROUP. DanieliInnovactionmeeting. Strategiesformanagingsuccessfullyduring “NewNormal”. DaNews: electronic scientific journal. 2018, no. 177. Available at: https://www.danieli.com/en/news/da-news.htm# (Accessed on February 20, 2022).

2. DANIELI GROUP. Danieli undisputed leadership in minimill technology. DaNews: electronic scientific journal. 2016, no. 173. Available at: https://www.danieli.com/en/news/da-news.htm# (Accessed on February 24, 2022).

3. Gusev V.E., Potapova M.V., Potapov M.G. Analysis of performance and possibilities for the development of metallurgical mini-plants in the Russian Federation. Tekhnologii metallurgii, mashinostroeniya i materialoobrabotki [Technologies of Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering and Material Processing], 2017, no. 16, pp. 21–28. (In Russ.)

4. Smirnov A.N., Safonov V.M., Dorokhova L.V., Tsuprin A.Yu. Metallurgicheckie mini-zavody: monografiya [Metallurgical mini-plants: monograph]. Donetsk: Nord-press, 2005, 469 p. (In Russ.)

5. Rozhkov G.K., Levandovskiy S.A. Developing a concept of the mini-plants for the production of steel rolled products. Kalibrovochnoe byuro [Calibration Bureau], 2018, no. 12, pp. 5–9. (In Russ.)

6. Kuberskiy S.V. Implementation of the strategy for designing micro- and mini-plants in the conditions of the metallurgical complex of Russia. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov Donbasskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Collection of Research Papers of Donbass State Technical University], 2020, no. 18(61), pp. 61–70. (In Russ.)

7. Sementsul R.V. Designing mini-plants for manufacturing long products. Litie i metallurgia [Foundry and Metallurgy], 2013, no. 3S(72), pp. 46–49. (In Russ.)

8. Tuknov D.S. Mini-zavod po proisvodstvu trub iz otsluzhivshikh svoy srok avtopokryshek [A mini-plant for manufacturing pipes from tires with an expired service life]. Patent RU, no. 2096174, 1997.

9. Rozhkov G.K., Levandovskiy S.A., Sarancha S.Yu., Moller A.B., Kinzin D.I., Tulupov O.N. Development of a modern resource-saving technology for the production of reinforcing steel and grinding balls. Modelirovanie i razvitie protsessov OMD [Modeling and Developing Metal Forming Processes], 2019, no. 3(30), pp. 18–22. (In Russ.)

10. Bakhtinov Yu.B. Feasibility of rerolling used rails into section bars. Proizvodstvo prokata [Rolled Products Manufacturing], 2000, no. 7, pp. 2–4. (In Russ.)

11. Umanskiy A.A., Dorofeev V.V., Golovatenko A.V., Dobryanskiy A.V. Improving rolling schedules for special purpose rail bars, when producing them on a universal rail and structural steel mill. Chernye metally [Ferrous Metals], 2018, no. 10, pp. 38–42. (In Russ.)

12. Golovatenko A.V., Dorofeev V.V., Dobryanskiy A.V., Pervushin D.E. Developing the energy efficient rolling technology for long railway rails on the universal rail and structural steel mill at JSC EVRAZ ZSMK. Chernye metally [Ferrous Metals], 2019, no. 6, pp. 29–34. (In Russ.)

13. Rozhkov G.K., Levandovskiy S.A. Features of heating used rails for the production of long products. Aktualnye problemy sovremennoy nauki, tekhniki i obrazovaniya [Current Problems of Modern Science, Equipment and Education], 2017, vol. 1, pp. 93–96. (In Russ.)

14. Matlashov A.M. Sposob izgotovleniya sortovogo metalloprokata iz fragmentov rels [A method of manufacturing section bars from parts of rails]. Patent RU, no. 2541211, 2015.

15. Volshonok I.Z., Traino A.I., Ivanov D.M., Rusakov A.D., Ryzhik M.P. Sposob proizvodstva fasonnogo prokata [A method of producing structural shapes]. Patent RU, no. 2491139, 2013.