ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-1-112-120

Abstract

Problem Statement. Operation of industrial equipment requires its constant maintenance in good condition to keep a given level of quality and safety of operations. In order to systematize maintenance measures and reasonable expenditure of funds, equipment maintenance and repair schedules are developed. Relevance is determined by a need to organize conditions of correct operation, current maintenance, timely repair and revamping of equipment. The aim is to study methods of assessment of damages from failures and downtime of process equipment occurred due to failure to take measures on repair and maintenance and to provide an approximate economic assessment of damages and expenditures. Methods Applied. This paper considers economic factors, which should be taken into account, when developing schedules, and which have an impact on reliability of operation. The paper contains the structure and an algorithm of the calculation of losses related to the manufacturer's costs in case of an accident. The authors also made an approximate economic calculation of the costs directly related to the production equipment, including the damage caused by production downtime, the cost of operation and ownership of the equipment. Result. These calculations were given by the example of the shop for hot rolled sheets at the metallurgical enterprise. Practical Relevance. The result of the research is an assessment of losses from equipment downtime for the period and an example of the selection of the preferred equipment supplier based on an aggregate assessment of the total cost of ownership of the equipment, which contribute to evaluating financial importance of the development of competent maintenance and repair schedules.

Keywords

maintenance, repair, schedule, downtime, losses, costs, cost of ownership, reliability.

For citation

Kondrashova Yu.N., Tretiakov A.M., Shalimov A.V. Assessment of the Impact of Developing Production Equip-ment Maintenance and Repair Schedules in Order to Minimize Costs and Losses of the Ferrous Metallurgy Enterprise. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 112–120. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2022-20-1-112-120

Yuliya N. Kondrashova – PhD (Eng.), Lead Researcher, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-5280-5666

Andrei M. Tretyakov – student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Alexey V. Shalimov – student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Borisov Yu.S. Organizing equipment repair and maintenance. Elektroenergiya. Peredacha i raspredelenie [Electric power. Transfer and distribution], 2018, no. 2, pp. 38–43. (In Russ.)

2. Epifantsev Yu.A. Organizatsiya tekhnicheskogo obsluzhivaniya i remontov oborudovaniya metallurgicheskikh predpriyatiy: uchebnoe posobie [Organizing equipment maintenance and repair at metallurgical enterprises: study guide]. Novokuznetsk: SibSIU, 2008, pp. 95–98. (In Russ.)

3. Malafeev A.V., Yuldasheva A.I. Determining damage of process-related consumers to assess reliability of electric power supply at metallurgical enterprises. Kibernetika energeticheskikh sistem [Power system cybernetics], 2018, pp. 92–99. (In Russ.)

4. Zaitsev N.L. Ekonomika, organizatsiya i upravlenie predpriyatiem [Economics, organization and corporate management]. Infra-M: Problems and prospects, 2004, pp. 12–26. (In Russ.)

5. Zhuikov V.A., Magon A.I. Ekspluatatsiya i remont oborudovaniya: uchebnoe posobie [Equipment operation and repair: study guide]. Kirov: VyatSU, 2008, pp. 175–179. (In Russ.)

6. Khramshin V.R., Odintsov K.E., Gubaydullin A.R., Karandaeva O.I., Kondrashova Yu.N. Analyzing the rate of failures of variable-frequency drives at district thermal power plants in case of power supply interruption. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Energetika [Bulletin of South Ural State University. Series: Power Engineering], 2014, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 68–79. (In Russ.)

7. Karandaev A.S., Kornilov G.P., Karandaeva O.I., Rotanova Yu.N., Rovneyko V.V., Gallyamov R.R. Analyzing reliability of equipment at the thermal power plant, when introducing frequency converters. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Energetika [Bulletin of South Ural State University. Series: Power Engineering], 2009, no. 4(167), pp. 16–22. (In Russ.)

8. Khramshin V.R., Nikolayev A.A., Evdokimov S.A., Kondrashova Y.N., Larina T.P. Validation of diagnostic monitoring technical state of iron and steel works transformers. Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE North West Russia Section Young Researchers in Electrical and Electronic Engineering Conference, EIConRusNW 2016. 2016, pp. 596–600.

9. Evdokimov S.A., Kondrashova Yu.N., Karandaeva O.I., Gallyamova M.S. Stationary system for monitoring technical state of power transformer. Procedia Engineering, 2016, pp. 18–25.

10. Kondrashova Y.N., Khramshin R.R., Nikolaev A.A., Shurygina G.V. Analysis of thermal state of power transformer of captive power plant. Procedia Engineering, 2015, vol. 129, pp. 832–838.

11. Odintsov K.E., Rotanova Yu.N., Karandeva O. I. et al. A method of predicting the residual life of electrical equipment during operation. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Proceedings of Tula State University. Engineering Sciences], 2010, no. 3-1, pp. 192–198. (In Russ.)

12. Igumenshchev V.A., Malafeev A.V., Bulanova O.V., Rotanova Yu.N. Research on convergence of a calculation method of steady-state modes of the electric power supply systems, when operating separately from the power system. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrical Systems and Complexes], 2005, no. 10, pp. 129–134. (In Russ.)

13. Malafeev A.V., Karandeeva O.I., Rotanova Yu.N., Bulanova O.V. Influence of high-voltage auxiliary motors on reliability of the auxiliary power supply system of the thermal power plant at OJSC MMK. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrical Systems and Complexes], 2009, no. 17, pp. 96–104. (In Russ.)